none
Memo Style name in print queue Outlook 2010, possible to change?

Question

• Dear Sirs/madams,

My question is as follow. We are implementing a new set of printers (iR-ADV C5045  canon). We've noticed that when you print something to the print que from outlook, the name of de object is "outlook - memo style", we would like this to be the subject from the mail. I've found out that Outlook 2010 uses default Styles to print mails, it's possible to create a new style, nevertheless the new style name appeard on the printer. When you print 20 mails, you'll never know which one is which. Is it possible to create a style naam with variable name such as the subject of the mail. It could be that we want something that isn't possible, but I want to be sure. Thanks, Peter

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 9:45 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for using Microsoft Office for IT Professionals Forums.

From your description, have you installed the latest printer driver on the server?

Does the same issue occurs on both the client and server when you print messages from Outlook?

Do you use the default settings refer to the manuals of the printer?

Sincerely

Rex Zhang

Rex Zhang

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, January 19, 2012 9:30 AM
  • Dear Rex,

The latest driver is installed on the printerserver, but that's not where my question is about. I'll try to explain more clearly. When I print from MS Word, on the printerscreen I see "Microsoft Word - Document Name". The document name is variable. When I print an email from MS Outlook, the printer screen show "Microsoft Outlook - Style for memo". This doesn't change. I want tot know if it's possible to send the header information instead of the "Style for memo" header.

Greetings Peter

Thursday, January 19, 2012 12:54 PM
  • Hello Peter,

I tried to print an Outlook email and check in the printer queue, it did show as Microsoft Outlook - Memo Style as you noticed.

I just wonder it is a by design behavior because security/private consideration, if it show as the email subject in the public printer list, other people can see the security email subject, it can be a serious confidential issue.

Daisy Cao

TechNet Community Support

Friday, January 20, 2012 2:15 AM
  • Hi Daisy,

Thank you for the reply. If it's a security/private consideration than Microsoft isn't consistant. When you print something from Word, the title of the document is show in de print queue, same for other Office products. With our new printers the queue is only visible for the user on the printer, people have to identy themselves with a keycard. I'm afraid that I've to except the "Memo-Style" header, it's how Outlook is configured to print. Maybe a thirth party program or an programmer can build a shell around it. A work-around is to save the mail as a Word document and then print it, but that's not the answer I'm looking for.

Greetings Peter

Friday, January 20, 2012 5:52 AM