none
How can I undelete a calendar in the trash (outlook 2013)

Question

• I am hoping someone here can help. I was trying to get my outlook calendar on to my Iphone and so installed Icloud. It created a calendar on my outlook folder that said this computer only. I (stupidly) deleted that thinking, I don't want appointments JUST on that calendar.

Now it's in the trash and when I get new appointments, and accept them, it goes to the deleted folder in the trash which I can't SEE in the rest of the outlook calendars.

Obviously I'm not super tech savvy (though I thought I was above average before this incident.) I could really use some help. I found something about signing out of Icloud which I did, but I still can't recover that magical calendar from the trash.  

Anyone have any ideas for me?

-MMIGuana

Monday, March 04, 2013 3:47 PM

All replies

• Is this an IMAP account? Go to the folder list - Ctrl+6 will do it - and drag the folder out of the deleted items and to the same level as the Inbox.  Sign back into the iCloud if you plan to use it.

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
    Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center
    Outlook Tips
    Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook weekly newsletter

Monday, March 04, 2013 11:23 PM
  • Thanks for responding. I did try that, but it isn't in my Deleted files, it is in my Trash. I can't seem to drag it anywhere else.

When I click on the Calendar (this Computer Only) Properties, it says it's stored in username@userco.com/Trash, but when I go to the corresponding Outlook data file folder, I can't see what's inside that file.

I even went to my original email system through a browser again because I noticed the Trash count in each was the same, but there is no calendar stored there.

I'm so fried and exhausted, seems like I can't find the answer anywhere. (I did find your solution about doing the macro to copy over to the primary calendar in Outlook and even figured out how to do that, but I don't want my primary calendar in the Trash/what if it deletes or purges?  )

Any other ideas I might try? Thank you.

-Marci

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 1:29 AM
  • I am having the same problem except it is my contacts, tasks, and calendar. Did you find an answer? This is very frustrating.
    • Proposed as answer by rwcwrfrd Saturday, August 10, 2013 1:03 AM
    Friday, July 12, 2013 5:54 PM
  • I had the same problem and solved it by:

1. Signed out of iCloud.

2. Unchecking all the calendars listed under the calendar in Outlook.

3. Deleted my Outlook.com account in Outlook using the "Account and Social Network Settings".

4. Re-installed my Outlook.com account in Outlook using the "Account and Social Network Settings.

5. Verified the Oulook.com calendar was back.

6. Signed back into iCloud.

7. The problem disappeared.

8. Closed Outlook altogether and reopened it to verify all was still good.

Problem solved. Good luck. Hope this works for everyone!

<object cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width:0px;height:0px;display:block;" type="cosymantecnisbfw"></object>
    Saturday, August 10, 2013 1:14 AM
  • Hi, I wanted to let you know I had the same problem and just found a solution.  It is similar to what Dianne says above about hitting Ctrl-6 but instead of dragging I copied it (by right clicking on it and choosing copy) and then selected my main gmail folder to copy it to.  I did the same for calendar and contacts.  When I clicked to the calendar and contacts area of outlook, it was now pointing to the new location (and not the trash folder any more).

This answer may be too late for the people on this thread, but I hope it helps someone else ... I spent hours looking for a solution.

Julie

• Proposed as answer by hikerjules Monday, December 30, 2013 8:21 AM
    Monday, December 30, 2013 8:19 AM