none
Outlook 2010 won´t open

Question

• I can´t open Outlook 2010, the cursor hovers over the Outlook icon for a while and then it stops.

If I restart the computer and try to open Outlook I´m offered to open in safe mode and this works, but when I close it and try again it won´t open

I´ve tried to press ctrl while opening, nothing. I´ve tried to run outlook.exe /resetnavpane, I tried to run scanpst.exe, but I get access denied when I browse to my pst file

Thursday, September 23, 2010 6:30 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Try to create a new outlook profile to test.

How to create and configure an email profile in Outlook 2010, you can refer to this KB article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918

Hope it helps.

Friday, September 24, 2010 2:31 AM
  •  
    Try starting Outlook with each option to the safe command line switch to help isolate where the issue might be.  (expand switch references to see the 4 different options for safe.  If you let us know where it does/doesn't start, it will help a peer suggest what to try.)

I can´t open Outlook 2010, the cursor hovers over the Outlook icon for a while and then it stops.

If I restart the computer and try to open Outlook I´m offered to open in safe mode and this works, but when I close it and try again it won´t open

I´ve tried to press ctrl while opening, nothing. I´ve tried to run outlook.exe /resetnavpane, I tried to run scanpst.exe, but I get access denied when I browse to my pst file

Friday, September 24, 2010 9:29 PM
  • If you use any other programs to open or access any of the outlook programs befor you open outlook normaly with the outlook icon to start and run outlook fully,it will freeze up after you are done with your task and you close the task down.If outlook is fully open and running with the normal icon to open it,you can use IE9 to send a link or other programs to access the calender or wait ever,and after you are done using the other programs with outlook close them down,then outlook and you will not have any problems reopening outlook later. I hope this was helpful.
    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 3:33 PM