none
Office 2007 Enterprise keeps configuring

Question

• I have an HP dv6708 with Vista Ultimate 64-bit.  I have an ongoing problem with Office 2007 Enterprise applications configuring each time I launch them.  It is worse for Outlook, which runs configuration every time it sends or receives messages.  It makes Outlook all but unusable. 

I have been dealing with this for about two months.  At this point, I'm out of ideas.  I have uninstalled, done clean ups (including removing the Office folders in the registry), and reinstalled, changed permissions to allow full control, run as administrator, turned off AV, firewall, Defender and even the user account protection.  Nothing works.

Previous to buying 2007, I had 2003 Pro and had no problems whatsoever and did not need to turn off anything to install.  I am exasperated and would appreciate some insight as to how I can proceed.

Thank you, in advance!
    Monday, February 23, 2009 8:49 AM

All replies

• have you tried creating a new seperate admin account, and run it there?

I have had some similar issues with vista and CS3, created a seperate new admin and reinstalled and everything was ok.
    Tuesday, February 24, 2009 2:10 PM
  • Hello.  Thank you for the suggestion.  I hadn't thought of that approach.  I hate adding another profile, but will give it a try.  Did you try deleting the second profile after you installed?
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 4:08 AM
  • Creating another administrator profile and installing from there failed to work.  The problem remains.  Outlook, in particular, is basically unusable because of frequent reconfiguring.
    Thursday, February 26, 2009 6:42 AM