none
Office 2007 Configuration wizard runs every time I start any Application (word, excel, etc) -> SOLVED

General discussion

• Hello:

I spent a lot of time searching to solve this issue, and I hope this can be usefull for another people.

My configuration:

Windows Vista Business SP1

Office 2007 Enterprise

My problem began when Excel shows me a message:  stdole32.tlb.

I tried to repair and it was unsucessfull, then I uninstalled Office 2007 and installed again.  There was NO problem until i tried to run WORD, EXCEL or antoher Office Program, inclusive, when I open MY PC ->  The CONFIGURATION WIZZARD started everty time.

I tried everithing I found: 

1. Uninstall manually the Office 2007.
    2. Uninstall using the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility
    3. Disable Vista UAC
    4. Enable Vista Administrator User
    5. RUN AS ADMINISTRADOR every program (Word, Excel, etc)}
    6. Apply SP1 for Office 2007.
    7. Put the NOREREG option in the REGISTRY.
    8. Check the rights in some REGISTRY KEYS (i didn't change them because I think they has the proper rights)
    9. Make new DIRECT ACCESS to the Office Program.

NOTHING WORKS.

I found a partial solution:  If I rename the file SETUP.EXE in  %program files%\common files\microsoft shared\office12\Office Setup Controller, the problem disapear, but I don't like this solution because I think sometimes Office 2007 could need to be repaired and this file is important to do that.

Finally, I download the CCLEANER utility, and I fix all errors it found (I check 3 times I fix everty time the errors it found).

THE PROBLEM WAS SOLVED.

If somebody can solve this problem using this information please let me know it.

Saturday, September 20, 2008 5:52 PM

All replies

• The Nothing works part worked for me.

Renaming setup.exe results in extremely fast opens for Word and Excel.

A note in my documents folder about the change will remind me of the changes I made.

Thank you.

NV

Tuesday, December 02, 2008 4:07 AM
  • I am glad to hear that.

In my case, I have more problems few weeks later and I need to reinstall the software in my computer:  Windows Vista, Dell Drvers and, of course, Office 2007.  

Now, all is working OK.

Thursday, December 04, 2008 3:40 PM
  • hello,

It worked for me by renaming setup.exe

Thanx,

Siddhartha Bhatia

Thursday, August 19, 2010 12:57 PM
  • Use regedit

Backup registry

open HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT and scroll down - marked in red- edit permission to full control on

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.pip

either remover the .pip if possible or just change permissions..    restart word- excel say or outllook..worked for me

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 11:13 PM
  • I have the same problems, but the issue only exists on my "limited user" account.  I'm also running Windows XP Professional.  I've performed all of the following to fix the problem - that still persists:

1. Uninstall using the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility
    2. Re-created my "limited user" account
    3. Re-registered Window's installer
    4. I've deleted the Opa12.dat file under C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Data\
    5. I've given full permissions  the Opa12.dat file under C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Data\ by rt clicking properties, click security tab, click advanced, select Everyone from the permissions entries list, editing and selecting full control.
    6. Put the NOREREG option in the Registry (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928091, which suggested adding DWORD key "NoReReg" with a value of "1" inside HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Word\Options.) 
    7. Upgraded user account type to administrator
    8. Deleted and recreated Office program shortcuts
    9. Gave permissions under the Registry Editor http://support.microsoft.com/kb/911682
    10. Copied the ID_00030.DPC file under C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12 and renamed the copied file ID_00000.DPC in response to message in the Event Viewer as suggested in http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/office2007deploymentcompatibility/thread/7e14f498-485c-40c5-b522-d36d9b0c5697
    11. Finally I renamed the SETUP.EXE in  C:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\office12\Office Setup Controller as NOSETUP.EXE.  That fixed the problem for Word and Excel (though I still received a stdole32.tlb message) until I opened Outlook and then it went into configuration and rewrote a new SETUP.EXE file.
    12. Ran CCLEANER utility

And I still have a the same flipping problems

Saturday, October 16, 2010 6:20 PM
  • How do you run Ccleaner?
    Thursday, September 01, 2011 9:02 PM