none
Error synchronizing folders in Outlook 2010

Question

• I have an IMAP account set up on Outlook 2010 using Windows Vista and every so often (not all the time), I get the following message:
    Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for email@address.com.' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for email@address.com. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'
    I thought it may be my McAfee anti-virus, but I disabled the firewall and continued to get the message. This error doesn't always pop up and the folders do sync most of the time. It's only sometimes I get this error. Any idea what is the cause and how to resolve? Thanks.
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 11:11 PM

Answers

• I know that you disable the McAfee anti-virus but no avail. Have you also turn off the email integration(scanning) option? If not, please try it.

Some people reported that they resolved it after uninstalling McAfee and then re-install it without the email integration(scanning) option.

Tony Chen

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 5:16 AM

All replies

• I know that you disable the McAfee anti-virus but no avail. Have you also turn off the email integration(scanning) option? If not, please try it.

Some people reported that they resolved it after uninstalling McAfee and then re-install it without the email integration(scanning) option.

Tony Chen

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 5:16 AM
  • I was experiencing this "error synchronizing folders" issue for several days. I just discovered how to finally fix it. I was using my msn.com email address. I created an outlook.com alias for that account and then added it to Outlook using the Hotmail Connector and it all worked swimmingly. This after several failed attempts at changing my system time and date, adding and removing the account manually and using the Connector, and other attemps.
    Thursday, May 01, 2014 2:56 PM