none
KB2510690 (MS Office SP1) Update - 51F error

Question

• Hi. I have the Office Professional Plus 2010 installed on my PC together with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit. I have been unable to install the KB2510690 (MS Office SP1) update for the Office packaged due to 51F error. Could anyone help me? This is really annoying and I've had this problem for at leat 2 months now. I have never encountered any errors with any updates before. Thank you.
    Thursday, December 01, 2011 12:45 AM

Answers

• If no accident, the error code you got should look like any of the following:

• WindowsUpdate_0000051f

• WindowsUpdate_051f

• 051f

• 0x0000051f

This error might occur when the MSOCache folder has been deleted, which is holding the Local Installation Source (LIS) for the Office programs, and it is used to repair, reinstall, or update Office programs.

To solve this issue, perform one of the following steps to provide the original source that you used to install the program:

• Insert the original Office 2010 program CD that you used to install Office 2010, and then click OK.
    • Click Browse, locate the Office 2010 program installation folder on the network, and then click OK.

Although these steps resolve the requirement for the installation source files and allow for the update to continue, this problem may occur the next time that you try to update an Office program from the Office Update Web site. 

Max Meng

TechNet Community Support

Friday, December 02, 2011 7:55 AM