none
How to restore/recover corrupted or unreadable word 2007 file? HELP

Question

• A document in the Word 2007 format cannot be opened. When i open it, it says that there are problems with contents. After i press OK, it says there are unreadable contents and ask if i want to recover the contents. When i press yes, it goes back to the box saying there are problems with contents, when i press no.. nothing happens

note: i accidentally deleted the file but recovered it with Recuva and my usb file history, but prior to that i had this problem too.

please help, i tried the gmail html, repair from word etc. nothing works. 

thank you so much in advance.

Saturday, September 21, 2013 7:29 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi

The article below lists 9 methods to recover a corrupted word document. See if it helps:

1. Volume Shadow Copy

2. Undelete

3. Test your assumptions

4. Open and Repair

5. Replace your template

6. Office Visualisation Tool

7. Alternative applications

8. Recovery tools

9. DIY

For detailed information, see the following link:

http://www.techradar.com/news/software/applications/9-ways-to-recover-a-corrupt-microsoft-office-file-712429/1#articleContent

(Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.)

Sincerely

Tylor Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, September 23, 2013 5:11 AM
  • Whenever a user recovers anything from Recuva, why does it happen all the time? I have come across with many users who recovered their deleted files from Recuva and got corrupted or invalid data. Seems Recuva is dubious. 

Anyway, if your word file is giving such an error, this means your file is certainly corrupted. Why don't you try some third-party Word recovery software? There are many commercialware available in the market. If the file is crucial, you have to spend some bucks to recover you data from it.

I personally recommend SysInfoTools products. You can try its MS Word DOCX Recovery tool. It will recover your data from corrupt .docx file. You can also try its free demo version. 

To know more about this software and to download its free demo version, visit http://www.sysinfotools.com/ms-word-docx-recovery.html

Thanks. 

Monday, November 18, 2013 12:03 PM
  •  It’s not a serious issue if you have a proficient Word File repair app in your hand. Give a try to Remo Repair and fix error in Word documents to make them accessible.
    Wednesday, January 29, 2014 11:37 PM