none
File Permission Errors

Question

• Hi All,

I'm running Windows 7 32bit and Office 2010Pro.  When I open a docx on my network drive \\server-pc\userdata\username  or mapped m:\userdata I can save the docx once, I can Save As all day long, but when I try to save a second time  I get "Word cannot complete the save due to a file permission error"    

I have wide open permissions on the folder

My quickbooks and access DB save fine

I've removed Bit defender to no Avail

I've setup the Trusted Path

I've disabled UAC

I've installed the updated SP1

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated...

Scott

Monday, August 15, 2011 2:01 PM

Answers

• The issue could be caused by any filter driver on the client or the server. Try to identify more products except the virus scanner that could block communication. Examples: open file agents, indexing software, behaviour blocker, viruses, data protection software, ...

Try to disable the filter drivers. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/816071

I would begin with Process Monitor and see what might cause the ACCESS DENIED. Note that delete permission is required to save a Word document, because Word first deletes the target file and then renames a temporary file to the old name.

Press Ctrl-Shift-I when the error message appears. In the lower right corner is a code number. Maybe a Microsoft employee has a list ...

Monday, August 15, 2011 5:07 PM