none
Sharepoint Exchange Calendar with anonymous access

Question

• Afternoon,

Im trying to get an exchange Calendar to display on a sharepoint site with anonymous access.

Is this possible to do without the sharepoint site prompting for credentials...I dont want people to be able to edit the calendar, just have the calendar reflect changes make in Exchange.

Can anyone point me in the right direction ?

Friday, March 16, 2012 5:22 AM

Answers

• Well Huzefa,

You could have said "That wont work, but I pledge myself to your cause and I WILL NOT SLEEP UNTIL A SOLUTION HAS BEEN FOUND !!! "

But sadly the chance to do this has passed you by, I found a solution that works for my particular enviroment. I created a calendar list in sharepoint and shared it to the exchange account (the theory being that if you are in outlook you have already authenticated). and appears to be working great.

giving this list anonymous read and the exchange account editing rights.

Thanks for your input guys. and keeping me from pushing on that pull door.

• Marked as answer by Nuah Friday, March 16, 2012 2:41 PM
    Friday, March 16, 2012 2:40 PM

All replies

• There are OWA web parts available in SharePoint. But I don't think the Exchange calendar would allow access to calendar without authentication, for:

1. The calendar is per user and each user can manage their own calendar. So, on what basis are you showing the calendar as there is no common calendar in exchange?

2. To configure the OWA calendar web part, you can create a custom web part that implements the OWA calendar and defines the credentials for the user who's calendar needs to be displayed. This would prevent sharepoint from prompting for credentials and this will display the calendar sans certain capabilities.

Regards, Huzefa Mala, MCTS

Friday, March 16, 2012 5:41 AM
  • Yes, you will need to go to Central Admin -> Manage Web Applications -> Select Web Application -> General Settings -> Enable Anonymous Access

Then go to the site and click Site Actions -> Site Permissions -> Anonymous Access...from here you can manage the level of access anonymous users have.

Hope this helps!

Allan Merolla | BEng, MPM, JD | MCP, MCTS, MCPD | SharePoint/SQLBI/.NET | My Blog at http://www.parallelfun.com/

Friday, March 16, 2012 5:53 AM
  • Allan,

You have given the steps to setup anonymous access for a web application of "SharePoint". What Nuah has asked here is setting up anonymous access for Exchange calendar. So, I don't think this will work unless I am mistaken. Nuah, please correct me if I am wrong.

Friday, March 16, 2012 5:58 AM
  • Yeah, Huzefa Mala is correct,

but his news could be better :P .

Friday, March 16, 2012 1:16 PM
  • So Nuah,

What better news CAN I give you? :)

If you have got the required information please mark as helpful or answer.

Friday, March 16, 2012 2:21 PM
  • Well Huzefa,

You could have said "That wont work, but I pledge myself to your cause and I WILL NOT SLEEP UNTIL A SOLUTION HAS BEEN FOUND !!! "

But sadly the chance to do this has passed you by, I found a solution that works for my particular enviroment. I created a calendar list in sharepoint and shared it to the exchange account (the theory being that if you are in outlook you have already authenticated). and appears to be working great.

giving this list anonymous read and the exchange account editing rights.

Thanks for your input guys. and keeping me from pushing on that pull door.

• Marked as answer by Nuah Friday, March 16, 2012 2:41 PM
    Friday, March 16, 2012 2:40 PM
  • Dear Nuah,

Let me remind you your first post: "Can anyone point me in the right direction ?"

Also, this is a Forum where people provide answers to the best of their knowledge. If you need a commitment like "That wont work, but I pledge myself to your cause and I WILL NOT SLEEP UNTIL A SOLUTION HAS BEEN FOUND !!! " then are you aware of Microsoft Call Support?

Anyways, I can't change your thinking and you can't change mine. Thanks for marking helpful anyways..

Friday, March 16, 2012 5:14 PM