none
Microsoft Outlook 2010 issue. Stopped sending email. Get "Your Mailbox is currently being optimized..." nothing happens

Question

• I have a Netbook with a clean install of Windows 7 starter. I purchased Microsoft Office Professional Plus. Installed fine. set up Outlook fine. Worked fine for several days. Now, all of a sudden, it will not send email. I do not even see a send/receive progress bar.  When I go to the file tab I see two messages:  "Your mailbox is currently being optimized as part of upgrading to Outlook 2010. This one time process may take over 15 minutes and performance may be affected while the optimization is in progress." The second message says "Upgrade Outlook Connector - You must upgrade to the latest version of Hotmail Outlook Connector to continue using this e-mail account."

So a few things. First, the 15 minutes went about 3 hours with no results.  Also, when you click on "Upgrade now" it does nothing.  So far I have uninstalled MS Office Professional Plus and reinstalled it.  I also have uninstalled my anti virus software so that could not be an issue. Finally I used cc cleaner to fix any registry settings.

Right now my status is unchanged.  I have checked the forums but could not find any definitive answer to get this fixed.  Can someone help?

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 3:50 AM

Answers

All replies