none
outlook folders have disappeared

Question

• I have been working in outlook and then all of a sudden a majority of my folders and subfolders have disappeared.

I have logged onto my internet email account to see if the folders are there - they are not - but it does show my usage allowance is near is max - therefore the emails must be there - I just can't seem to access these

Please help!

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 2:01 PM

Answers

• Hi, please try “Ctrl + 6” in Outlook to switch to Folder view, can you see the missing folders? If yes, the issue may be the Navigation Pane is corrupted,

Win + R, "outlook.exe /resetnavpane", that can clean and regenerate the Navigation Pane for the current profile.

What is your Email provider? Is there any mailbox usage allowance limitation set from your provider? Could you send/receive the letters successfully?

Please kindly try to find if they are in the Deleted Items or Trash Box on your webmail. If they are, try to recover them and change your password.

Archive the large and old messages from client or totally delete them from web-access site, to check the result.

Archive items manually:http://office.microsoft.com/en-in/outlook-help/archive-items-manually-HA010355564.aspx

You may also contact your email provider to confirm if your folder and emails are still stored in your mailbox.

Regards.

Melon Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, September 06, 2013 7:25 AM