none
Microsoft Word Office 2012 wont open

Question

• Hello I purchased my computer with Office 2010 in May 2010. It works great and everything but recently when I am on the internet and click a file to open and/or download it ask me to enter my product key. I never had to install that before because it came with my computer. When I go to the Start menu, Program features and Office 2010 it only gives the option to uninstall not repair. For me to get my files I have to save it to my computer, go to the start menu and launch Microsoft Word and then find it in the Open tab. Please help this is pretty annoying.
    Tuesday, December 10, 2013 5:18 PM

Answers

• Hi

Did you mean your Word program works well when you go to Start>Microsoft Word and launch the program?

If it is true, there might be something wrong with your default open program.

First locate your Office installation path, and find winword.exe.

Right click on the file, Open with>Select default program>Look for another app on this computer go to the right path and select the winword.exe. Remember to check the option: Use this program for all doc/docx files.

Best regards

Tylor Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 6:56 AM

All replies

• Hi

Did you mean your Word program works well when you go to Start>Microsoft Word and launch the program?

If it is true, there might be something wrong with your default open program.

First locate your Office installation path, and find winword.exe.

Right click on the file, Open with>Select default program>Look for another app on this computer go to the right path and select the winword.exe. Remember to check the option: Use this program for all doc/docx files.

Best regards

Tylor Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 6:56 AM
  • I search for days but I couldn't find the Office Installation path you told me to find. In my programs its only giving the open to remove. Do you mind giving step by step please?

Vern

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 3:47 PM