none
How to automatically BCC on outlook

Question

• Hello everyone I was wondering if you could help me out,

I need to find out how to automatically BCC myself every time i send a message from outlook, without using a VB script or software (don't ask me why). I can't seem to make a rule to do so within outlook, I know there is some way to do this with a CC but not a BCC. So if anyone knows how to automatically BCC yourself from WITHIN outlook on each message, your input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Friday, February 10, 2012 2:42 PM

Answers

• After wrestling with the outlook VB tool for quite some time, i ended up just downloading an add-in called Auto-BCC which did the trick. Even though i took the easy way out this time, I'm going to continue playing with VB for outlook; as it seems to be very useful. Thanks for the help everyone!
    Friday, February 10, 2012 5:02 PM

All replies

• Tell my why you do not want to use VBA Code.?

[Ctrl+F11] to Microsoft Office Outlook/ThisOutlookSession

Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal item As Object, Cancel As Boolean)
    Dim objMe As Recipient
    Set objMe = item.Recipients.Add("uzytkonik@domen.pl") 'adres to youre boss
    objMe.Type = olCC 'or olBCC
    objMe.Resolve

Dim strMessageClass$
    strMessageClass = item.MessageClass
    If (strMessageClass = "IPM.Note") Then
        item.OriginatorDeliveryReportRequested = False
        item.Save
    End If

Set objMe = Nothing
    End Sub

If you want to do it by the rule.

Rules/New rule/Incoming empty rule/Send to my/Reply and use template (in template use adress ad DW) -> you have to prepare earlier

Oskar Shon, Office System MVP

Press if Helpful; Answer when a problem solved

Friday, February 10, 2012 3:04 PM
  • Thanks for responding so quickly, I was originally leary of VB scripts because I didn't quite know how to implement them in outlook; therefore my

supervisors told me to stick with the options within outlook. But I think they realize that it's pretty much next to impossible without the script, so I'm going to try my best to make this VBscript work that you gave me. Thanks again for the help.

Friday, February 10, 2012 4:10 PM
  • You can create a rule that puts a copy of every message you send in your Inbox. It isn't BCCing, but the practical result is the same.

-Peter

Friday, February 10, 2012 4:54 PM
  • After wrestling with the outlook VB tool for quite some time, i ended up just downloading an add-in called Auto-BCC which did the trick. Even though i took the easy way out this time, I'm going to continue playing with VB for outlook; as it seems to be very useful. Thanks for the help everyone!
    Friday, February 10, 2012 5:02 PM
  • Not quite; this wouldn't have the same headers.
    Thursday, December 06, 2012 4:57 PM
  • Hey, I was wondering why this isn't working for me.  I tried adding this and then when I go back and open an email, it doesn't show anything in the BCC line.  I thought that maybe it doesn't show, but that it would still send the email, but when I send it out, it doesn't get bcc'd back to me.  I know because I check my mail on a separate computer where I have Outlook set up.  But then when I manually add my email to the BCC line, it shows up on my other computer. 

I want to be able to have all my sent mails on both computers and this was how I did it in the past, and how I do it on my cell phone. 

Any idea why it's not working?  Am I not saving it correctly?  It seems like it should be straight forward ....

Thanks,

Monday, April 08, 2013 10:35 PM
  • @JRMcPhail

I tried a few options to automatically bcc myself and finally settled on using VBA codes, a somewhat simple one. You observation about the BCC not showing in the email is what I saw too. However I know the BCC worked because I see the same email sent to my inbox, both in the web and the outlook thick clients on separate computers.

So it is not just entering the code, it had to be entered as code for "ThisOutlookSession". This is MANDATORY and I do not see these steps being mentioned in the replies above. Please see the step by step guide http://www.groovypost.com/howto/microsoft/how-to-automatically-bcc-in-outlook-2010/.

These are the few specific steps needed when entering the VBA code (macros) in the outlook client that does the BCC.

The VBA code in the next article is very helpful, especially if you have multiple accounts in one outlook client. It allows each account to be bcc'ed according the email account used to send the email. It is outlined in http://www.slideshare.net/chin_kp/how-to-automatically-bcc-yourself-in-outlook.

Assume you have multiple accounts set-up in your outlook client: myemail1@outlook.com and myemail2@yahoo.com. When you send emails from myemail1@outlook.com the BCC used will be myemail1@outlook.com. When you send emails from myemail2@yahoo.com, the BCC used will be myemail2@yahoo.com. How to achieve this flexibility is given in the article.

You can use the VBA code in either of these articles. It works for me, I have tried both.

• Edited by Chinx121 Sunday, April 21, 2013 8:14 PM errors.
    • Proposed as answer by Chinx121 Thursday, April 25, 2013 10:04 PM
    Sunday, April 21, 2013 8:11 PM