none
Outlook 2010 Disconnected - Please help!

Question

• We updated Microsoft office from 2003 to 2010. Everything went smooth. Yesterday we made some changes to the settings in outlook on 1 computer  and when I restarted outlook it said disconnected from the Exchange 2007 server. I tried everything but it stayed disconnected, So I set up a 2nd computer for the user, it connected to the exchange server and all seemed fine. Then I restarted that computer and again it was disconnected! We have 25 other computers with no problems. I even tried to move the mailbox to a new exchange store with no success. Any Ideas? I know exchange has on .ost file on the local machine - could that be corrupt?
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 6:46 PM

Answers

• Well for some unknown reason the security settings on exchange 2007 were changed for the user. One of the techs had changed some settings in outlook on the client computer and the problem started happening. I fixed the security settings, deleted his profile and reset him up and all is well. Thanks for all your help!
    Saturday, January 28, 2012 4:40 AM

All replies

• Hi,

So, what settings have you changed?

Try to restart the Exchange Information Store service, see if it will fix this issue.

This behavior could happen if the Encrypt data between Microsoft Office Outlook and Microsoft Exchange profile setting has been disabled when it is required by the Exchange Server. To solve this, either enable this setting in Outlook or disable this setting in Exchange.

Some questions:

1. Is there any difference between this user and the others? e.g. the permission of AD/Mailbox

2. Did this user share the same network environment with the others?

3. When Outlook is disconnected from the Exchange, can we still be able to ping the Exchange?

4. What if we add the other users account to the impacted machine, and set up their mail account, will it work?

5. On the other hand, will it work if we add the impacted user's account to the other machine, will it work?

See also:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924625

When you use Outlook with an Exchange 2007 mailbox, you cannot connect to Exchange 2007, and you receive an error message

Sincerely,

Max Meng
    Forum Support

Come back and mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 7:46 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Max Meng

TechNet Community Support

Friday, January 27, 2012 2:41 AM
  • Well for some unknown reason the security settings on exchange 2007 were changed for the user. One of the techs had changed some settings in outlook on the client computer and the problem started happening. I fixed the security settings, deleted his profile and reset him up and all is well. Thanks for all your help!
    Saturday, January 28, 2012 4:40 AM
  • Thanks for the feedback!

Max Meng

TechNet Community Support

Saturday, January 28, 2012 5:17 AM