none
Office 2010 says key is invalid

Question

• Hi,

I have a Windows XP SP3 laptop running office 2007, so i uninstalled it and installed office 2010 pro plus. Now everytime i open Word it asks to activate. Then it says the product key is invalid. I've tried re-entering the product keys, even went and get another product key and still it just wouldn't activate. I also tried a repair via the CD/DVD. Can this be fixed, please

Monday, February 07, 2011 3:29 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I have a Windows XP SP3 laptop running office 2007, so i uninstalled it and installed office 2010 pro plus. Now everytime i open Word it asks to activate. Then it says the product key is invalid. I've tried re-entering the product keys, even went and get another product key and still it just wouldn't activate. I also tried a repair via the CD/DVD. Can this be fixed, please

From whom did you purchase the DVD & Product key?  Pro Plus is only sold as a volume license to businesses (and you should speak to the System Administrator or the vendor who sold the volume license to your company if that is the situation here) and is not "legally" sold to a private individual.  It is also available as a "Home Use Program" (HUP) license if you qualify as an employee of a company that has obtained the "permission" from Microsoft to sell the licenses to employees.  In this case assistance should come from your employer's IT department.  Also ensure that any other Office or activation assistant for office has been removed from the computer - use the Fix-It from: http://support.micr osoft.com/kb/290301/en-us to totally uninstall all Office programs.

Pro Plus is one of the most widely pirated program suites available and is always pirated if sold through eBay or Amazon Marketplace type of retailers.  If this is the situation then you need to immediately seek a full and unconditional refund of the purchase price.
    • Marked as answer by Jennifer Zhan Thursday, February 10, 2011 2:58 AM
    Monday, February 07, 2011 4:08 PM

All replies

• Hi,

From whom did you purchase the DVD & Product key?  Pro Plus is only sold as a volume license to businesses (and you should speak to the System Administrator or the vendor who sold the volume license to your company if that is the situation here) and is not "legally" sold to a private individual.  It is also available as a "Home Use Program" (HUP) license if you qualify as an employee of a company that has obtained the "permission" from Microsoft to sell the licenses to employees.  In this case assistance should come from your employer's IT department.  Also ensure that any other Office or activation assistant for office has been removed from the computer - use the Fix-It from: http://support.micr osoft.com/kb/290301/en-us to totally uninstall all Office programs.

Pro Plus is one of the most widely pirated program suites available and is always pirated if sold through eBay or Amazon Marketplace type of retailers.  If this is the situation then you need to immediately seek a full and unconditional refund of the purchase price.
    • Marked as answer by Jennifer Zhan Thursday, February 10, 2011 2:58 AM
    Monday, February 07, 2011 4:08 PM
  • Thanks. I have sent the 3 copies back and asked for a refund.
    trini_tech
    Friday, February 11, 2011 1:54 PM
  • hey there

i have got the exact same problem

I just got new laptop, HP, running windows 7 basic home edition

been told by the suppliers that it has a trial version of office 2010

clicked on it though it wasn't installed ... I entered the product key found on the base of the laptop, yet, it says invalid key!!!!!!!!

I then checked the microsoft office page to get a trial version yet whenever I click on the " TRY IT " icon it say page not working!

tried the same on another browser and pc and I got the same thing, the microsft office trial option is not working

nor the key provided by microsft with the windows edition ...

could anyone please help me out here ?

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 9:15 PM