none
Microsoft Office 2013 Word, Excel, & Outlook are not responding on Windows 8?

Question

• MS Office 2013 Word, Excel, & Outlook will not work when I open a window appears saying the program is not responding and forces me to close the program. I have updated my OS Windows 8 and repaired MS twice and nothing has worked I want to know if anyone has a solution for this as I have not found anything helpful. 
    Saturday, March 16, 2013 8:37 AM

All replies

• Have everything ever worked before? If so, when did you find this start to happen? And what happened around that? (Please also include the exact error message you got, so we may offer better suggestions.)

Have you activated your Office programs? If no, try to activate your Office by follow the instructions in the following article: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/support/activate-office-2013-programs-HA102819770.aspx

Try hold Ctrl key to start your Office programs in safe mode, see how it works. If we can start them in safe mode, this problem might be caused by some 3rd-party add-ins, and we can try to disable the add-ins and find out which one might cause the problem.

Try check your Office programs shortcut icons, right click on them, and click Properties, click the Compatibility tab, and make sure nothing is selected. Clear all the check box if anything is selected, and check again.

Max Meng
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, March 18, 2013 6:14 AM