none
Multi Tenant Lync - Problem setting up new tenants with Hosted Exchange

Question

• Hi,

We've recently made the jump and decided to deploy Multi Tenant Lync, I've got about 90% through the deployment guide before hitting a rut at "8.4 Create Tenant SIP Domain".

I can create the new SIP Domain fine, using the command:

>New-CsSipDomain –Identity itec-support.co.uk

I then use ADSIEdit to adjust the msRTCSIP-Domains attribute of the tenant OU (ITEC Support Ltd), to be itec-support.co.uk which is the SIP Domain I've just created, makes sense so far.

Then when I issue the command to confirm this is setup correctly, I don't get any results. It just jumps to the next line (as follows).

>Get-CsTenant | Format-Table -AutoSize Id,Domains

>

I've checked and double checked the previous steps just to be sure there wasn't anything that's been missed. Previous Lync deployments have been a breeze, but I can't get my head around this one.

Has anyone here experienced this problem before? Or have any recommendations for troubleshooting this?

Your assistance would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Friday, April 27, 2012 1:40 PM

Answers

• Hi Shaun,

This article provides guidance for telcos and hosting or service providers that currently have hosted or on-premises Exchange deployed with an organizational unit (OU) for tenants. Please have a check.

Noya Lau

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Shaun Stokes Thursday, May 03, 2012 3:50 PM
    Wednesday, May 02, 2012 7:28 AM

All replies

• I figured out what the problem was, we needed to create the tenant OU (Itec Support Ltd) under OCS Tenants. Helps if you read the deployment guide in detail rather than skimming through.

This now presents an entirley new set of problems for us, we were planning to deploy existing OUs in to Multi Tenant Lync.

Do the tenant OUs and users have to exisit with-in OCS Tenants, or can they exist else were? If so, how can this be done and what are the implications?

Friday, April 27, 2012 7:01 PM
  • The more I research about Multi Tenant Lync, the more problems I seem to find.

Our existing platform and tenants exist with-in Hosted Exchange, but from what I can see this isn't compatible with Multi Tenant Lync. Instead you must deploy Multi Tenant Lync with Exchange 2010 (SP1\SP2) entirley seperate to Hosted Exchange.

Can anyone else here please comment on this?

Friday, April 27, 2012 8:40 PM
  • Hi Shaun,

This article provides guidance for telcos and hosting or service providers that currently have hosted or on-premises Exchange deployed with an organizational unit (OU) for tenants. Please have a check.

Noya Lau

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Shaun Stokes Thursday, May 03, 2012 3:50 PM
    Wednesday, May 02, 2012 7:28 AM
  • Hi Noya,

Thanks for sharing the article; this is very useful to know we can change the root OU.

We have decided it would be best to create our new Exchange 2010 platform with-in a new root OU then migrate our existing tenants; as such we will be sticking to the default configuration using OCS Tenants as the root OU.

Regards, Shaun

Thursday, May 03, 2012 3:50 PM