none
Outlook 2010 sending but not receiving emails

Question

• I see similar questions to this, but not an answer, so here goes....

I just converted my emails from Windows XP/Office2003 to a new laptop with Windows 7 and Outlook 2010.  I did successfully manage to import my contacts/address book/email folders and messages already.  I also manually configured the new email settings, and in running the "test" it looks like everything passes and that the emails should send/receive.

However, as it turns out, the messages do send out ok, but they aren't being received into Outlook 2010.

I happen to use a "Cincinnati Bell" Fuse account as my internet provider, but have for years and it is very similar to gmail or yahoo accounts that I've used.  It is a POP account, and I can see that the messages are indeed being received and held in the fuse account, but it appears as though Outlook isn't receiving them, or even attempting to look for them.  I receive no error message, and the sender receives no error message.  I've set it up as a pop account, the servers are the same as I've always used, the username and password are typed correctly.  I did click the option that asks for the messages to be removed from the email account upon downloading, but that doesn't seem to be affecting anything.

I'd be greatly appreciative of any suggestions or input.  I've spent hours on this, and am awfully frustrated....

Thx in advance.

Monday, May 23, 2011 4:50 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Are you able to recieve emails in your webmail? Send a test email to yourself and check if you are able to recieve it.

Check under the junk email folder or spam folders in outlook and webmail.

Microsoft Office 2010
    Monday, May 23, 2011 7:54 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you able to recieve emails in your webmail? Send a test email to yourself and check if you are able to recieve it.

Check under the junk email folder or spam folders in outlook and webmail.

Microsoft Office 2010
    Monday, May 23, 2011 7:54 AM
  • I have the same problem. We use web mail by earthlink and when we go to the webmail account i can see all my emails. I have been using out look for over a year with no problem and all of a sudden I am having this problem. I am on microsoft office 2007 and windows XP. I do receive emails in my webmail account and I can send emails. I don't get any error notices. Send/ Receive button gets no error message.
    Friday, July 01, 2011 10:27 PM
  • I cannot receive email either through outlook.  Sending works fine and I do receive email in my hotmail account but not my outlook.  This is really annoying.  I cick Send/Receive and nothing happens.  No errors.
    Sunday, July 10, 2011 4:06 PM
  • So I had this same problem, and after a call to Microsoft tech support, they managed to help me fix it.

The problem, for me, was that Microsoft office 2010 and a previous version were on the computer at the same time, then I had uninstalled the earlier version, which corrupted 2010.  For this reason, a repair install of Microsoft outlook solved the problem.

I don't know if this will help you, but it may be worth a try.

Friday, December 28, 2012 11:21 PM