none
Microsoft outlook 2010 has stopped working

Question

• HELP!!! I've tried opening in safe mode -- was able to disable all add-ins but Outlook still stops working.  Using Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit and Office Professional Academic 2010.  Receive automatic updates and those are up-to-date.  Have tried most of the steps at www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm  Have confirmed not running in compatibility mode.  HELP!!!
    Sunday, February 27, 2011 9:33 PM

Answers

All replies

• When you mention that you tried most of the steps, does the include creating a new mail profile (don't copy the existing, create a new one and switch to it)?

HELP!!! I've tried opening in safe mode -- was able to disable all add-ins but Outlook still stops working.  Using Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit and Office Professional Academic 2010.  Receive automatic updates and those are up-to-date.  Have tried most of the steps at www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm  Have confirmed not running in compatibility mode.  HELP!!!
    • Marked as answer by Dusty_s mama Monday, February 28, 2011 2:36 PM
    Monday, February 28, 2011 12:42 AM
  • I just did and (right now, fingers crossed) it hasn't stopped working.  Thanks!!!  I have a follow-on question.  To be certain I created it correctly (I'm a monkey-see, monkey-do user), I went to Howto-Outlook.  In the about configuring Live Hotmail, it talks about Outlook Connector. http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/accountsettings.htm  I have Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit.  I have no idea whether my Outlook 2010 is 64-bit or 32-bit -- I downloaded from digitalriver.com after entering my student email.  Could there have been a conflict there?  How can I tell if Outlook 2010 is 64-bit or 32-bit?
    Monday, February 28, 2011 2:36 PM
  • Start outlook 2010 and then select the "File" tab.  Select Help from the column on the left.  On the far right... right under About Microsoft Outlook, if you have 64bit it will be there.

(e.g. I run 64bit so it reads Version 14.0.5128.5000 (64-bit).  Just not sure if the if says 32-bit for the 32-bit or it just isn't there which means you are running 32-bit.)

I just did and (right now, fingers crossed) it hasn't stopped working.  Thanks!!!  I have a follow-on question.  To be certain I created it correctly (I'm a monkey-see, monkey-do user), I went to Howto-Outlook.  In the about configuring Live Hotmail, it talks about Outlook Connector. http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/accountsettings.htm  I have Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit.  I have no idea whether my Outlook 2010 is 64-bit or 32-bit -- I downloaded from digitalriver.com after entering my student email.  Could there have been a conflict there?  How can I tell if Outlook 2010 is 64-bit or 32-bit?
    Wednesday, March 02, 2011 3:34 AM
  • Thanks.  I checked and Outlook is 32-bit.  It has been working since I created a new mail account.
    Wednesday, March 02, 2011 1:51 PM