none
An unspecified error has occurred. Your request cannot be processed at this time. Please try again later. (0x8004FE2F)

Question

• I have seen other threads about this topic, but with no working solution for me.

With that said, I'm running Windows 7 and I've been using Office Professional Plus 2010 for many weeks now, and out of the blue... I was told that my product needed to be activated.

Everytime I go to do so though, I get this error:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An unspecified error has occurred. Your request cannot be processed at this time. Please try again later. (0x8004FE2F)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've used the original key that I got when I first installed, and I've also used the key found here (22HGX-728MX-BBWX9-7BB8X-J96B4 ), and neither of them worked.

I've also tried fully restarting my computer, thinking that might help, but with no success.

Has anybody else had an experience with this or know how to solve this?

Thanks in advance =)

Monday, June 07, 2010 6:14 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on my research, this issue might be related to some third-party programs’ conflicts, or some proxy or IE settings.

First, please disable the third-party firewall programs on your computer, such as McAfee, Norton.

Second, please check the proxy settings in the IE: Click Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN settings.

You can refer to a similar thread below:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/winserversetup/thread/783ac1da-4411-4e7d-9da1-e6ab87be80c2

Please take your time to try the suggestions and let me know the results at your earliest convenience. If anything is unclear or if there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

• Marked as answer by Sally Tang Friday, June 11, 2010 9:47 AM
    Tuesday, June 08, 2010 7:47 AM

All replies

• Also, I have tried this:

--------------------------------------------

I think we might have a solution:

1.) Start menu --> Run... --> regedit
    2.) Search for this registry key (you might want to right click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE --> Find..., and type 4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318 into the box):

HKLM\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\CLASS\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

3.) Look for UpperFilters, which is of type REG_MULTI_SZ
    4.) Double-click on it, and under Value data, add "PartMgr" to the top of the list.  Click OK.
    5.) Restart your computer.
    6.) Start Word (or any Office application), and follow the prompts to activate.

Related KB article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/916180

-----------------------------------------------------------

As well as a repair, and still getting the same error.

Anybody?

Thanks =)

Monday, June 07, 2010 6:47 PM
  • Hi,

Based on my research, this issue might be related to some third-party programs’ conflicts, or some proxy or IE settings.

First, please disable the third-party firewall programs on your computer, such as McAfee, Norton.

Second, please check the proxy settings in the IE: Click Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN settings.

You can refer to a similar thread below:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/winserversetup/thread/783ac1da-4411-4e7d-9da1-e6ab87be80c2

Please take your time to try the suggestions and let me know the results at your earliest convenience. If anything is unclear or if there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

• Marked as answer by Sally Tang Friday, June 11, 2010 9:47 AM
    Tuesday, June 08, 2010 7:47 AM
  • Same results here with no new info found for this issue. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
    Thursday, May 17, 2012 12:08 AM