none
OneNote 2013 disable signin screen, send to one note clipping, and autoadd to startup

Question

• Please see attached screen shots. I wish to disable all of them.

One note is the only office app I have been unable to prevent asking to sign in. I have already disabled skydrive sync via group policy for all office apps but OneNote still asks a user to sign in. How do I disable this?

When OneNote 2013 starts it also starts this annoying Send to OneNote application that persists even after closing the main OneNote application. How do I prevent this from opening at all? It has a checkbox for "start with onenote" so there must be a registry key somewhere or something that I can preset that would prevent this from ever opening.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 4:05 PM

Answers

• 1st, add the following DWORD value in the registry (with a log on script) before the users have run OneNote:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\OneNote]
    "FirstBootStatus"=dword:01000101

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\OneNote\Options]
    "BootClippingPanelWithOneNote"=dword:00000000

2nd, remove the OneNote Notebooks folder from the following location (using group policy preferences):

%userprofile%\Documents\OneNote Notebooks

Max Meng
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by cyr0nk0r Thursday, March 28, 2013 2:36 PM
    Thursday, March 28, 2013 3:16 AM

All replies

• The first time OneNote 2013 runs it also adds the "Send to OneNote" application I mentioned above to the current users start up. How do I disable this behavior?

How do I disable quick notes during loading of OneNote. I want users to open OneNote and go directly to a blank note similar to how word and excel open and can be configured to go straight to a blank document.

All of these things I need to be able to either do in Group Policy or worst case registry modifications.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 4:06 PM
  • 1st, add the following DWORD value in the registry (with a log on script) before the users have run OneNote:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\OneNote]
    "FirstBootStatus"=dword:01000101

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\OneNote\Options]
    "BootClippingPanelWithOneNote"=dword:00000000

2nd, remove the OneNote Notebooks folder from the following location (using group policy preferences):

%userprofile%\Documents\OneNote Notebooks

Max Meng
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by cyr0nk0r Thursday, March 28, 2013 2:36 PM
    Thursday, March 28, 2013 3:16 AM