none
Un-Bold data in Pivot Table

Question

• Using Excel 2007, nested Pivot Table rows always seem to bold all but the inner-most row label. Is there a way to unbold all row labels?
    Tuesday, August 28, 2012 2:52 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Maybe Conditional Formatting can do that. But maybe there are some steps to do so.

For example, if we select the range H10:I10, then Conditional Formatting -> New Rules -> Use a formula to determine which cells to format -> enter the formula “=$H$10="a"” -> click Format button, in the Font tab, choose Regular in the Font style -> click OK twice, then range H10:I10 will show un-bold font.

But we should to this for each row you want to un-bold.

But if we select the range of H10:I21, then do the same steps as above, just change the formula as “=or(H10="a",H10="b",H10="c")” , then the result will only un-bold the cells which contain a,b,c, not for the row.

Jaynet Zhang

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 6:53 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Maybe Conditional Formatting can do that. But maybe there are some steps to do so.

For example, if we select the range H10:I10, then Conditional Formatting -> New Rules -> Use a formula to determine which cells to format -> enter the formula “=$H$10="a"” -> click Format button, in the Font tab, choose Regular in the Font style -> click OK twice, then range H10:I10 will show un-bold font.

But we should to this for each row you want to un-bold.

But if we select the range of H10:I21, then do the same steps as above, just change the formula as “=or(H10="a",H10="b",H10="c")” , then the result will only un-bold the cells which contain a,b,c, not for the row.

Jaynet Zhang

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 6:53 AM
  • Hello,

Follow the threads below. It may help you.

www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/514483-how-unbold-pivot-table-row-labels.html

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 8:48 AM