none
Word to PDF Command Line?

Question

• Hi,

With Office 2010 now allowing you to save your document as a PDF format.  I want to know if there is a command line to do that?

Thanks

Ultragc
    • Moved by Sally Tang Friday, November 26, 2010 7:44 AM (From:Office IT Pro General Discussions)
    Wednesday, November 24, 2010 5:10 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I don't think we have a command that will directly do a Save as PDF.  It might be possible to create a macro and run that from the command line, but nothing directly from a single command line prompt.  The following article does list all the command line switches that are available, unfortunately saving as pdf is not one of them.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/210565

That is specific to Word and the rest of the applications should be available, but I don't have the links at the moment.  If that is the information you were looking for, I can try to gather the rest of the links, otherwise, let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. 

Brandon

• Marked as answer by Sally Tang Thursday, December 02, 2010 5:38 AM
    Monday, November 29, 2010 8:10 PM
  • Another possibility might be installing a third-party PDF creator that you can run from a command prompt.

Stefan Blom
    Microsoft Word MVP

"Brandon De - MSFT" wrote in message news:cd4bf3c7-35d0-4272-9e80-bab9a8338206@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Hello,

I don't think we have a command that will directly do a Save as PDF.  It might be possible to create a macro and run that from the command line, but nothing directly from a single command line prompt.  The following article does list all the command line switches that are available, unfortunately saving as pdf is not one of them.

That is specific to Word and the rest of the applications should be available, but I don't have the links at the moment.  If that is the information you were looking for, I can try to gather the rest of the links, otherwise, let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Brandon

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP
    Monday, November 29, 2010 8:13 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I don't think we have a command that will directly do a Save as PDF.  It might be possible to create a macro and run that from the command line, but nothing directly from a single command line prompt.  The following article does list all the command line switches that are available, unfortunately saving as pdf is not one of them.

That is specific to Word and the rest of the applications should be available, but I don't have the links at the moment.  If that is the information you were looking for, I can try to gather the rest of the links, otherwise, let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. 

Brandon

Monday, November 29, 2010 8:10 PM
  • Another possibility might be installing a third-party PDF creator that you can run from a command prompt.

Stefan Blom
    Microsoft Word MVP

"Brandon De - MSFT" wrote in message news:cd4bf3c7-35d0-4272-9e80-bab9a8338206@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Hello,

I don't think we have a command that will directly do a Save as PDF.  It might be possible to create a macro and run that from the command line, but nothing directly from a single command line prompt.  The following article does list all the command line switches that are available, unfortunately saving as pdf is not one of them.

That is specific to Word and the rest of the applications should be available, but I don't have the links at the moment.  If that is the information you were looking for, I can try to gather the rest of the links, otherwise, let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Brandon

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP
    Monday, November 29, 2010 8:13 PM