none
Can we use MS office 2010 home and business edition for business use which have 100 of users?

Question

• Hi,

Can we use MS office 2010 home and business edition for business use which have 100 of users? One of the  Microsoft sales person told us that we can't use this box pack version for more than 25 users.  

Regards

PRaveen

Saturday, September 21, 2013 6:00 PM

Answers

• check the MSLT / EULA / PUR (licensing document) for the specific product in your case.
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/legal/IntellectualProperty/UseTerms/Default.aspx

(Excluding subscription-based products like Office365) Generally, because Office is licensed on a per-device basis, if the computer is licensed to run Office, the number of users who might use that computer is irrelevant. This is, in fact, the financially attractive reason for per-device licensing (rather than per-user licensing).

To my knowledge, there is no such limit.
    Note that it may be much more expensive to purchase Office licensing in this way (Retail product), since you can purchase Office licensing via Volume Licensing agreement with a minimum of 5, and get discounts (compared to Retail).

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

• Marked as answer by Praveen Kumar- Sunday, September 22, 2013 4:22 AM
    Sunday, September 22, 2013 12:04 AM

All replies

• check the MSLT / EULA / PUR (licensing document) for the specific product in your case.
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/legal/IntellectualProperty/UseTerms/Default.aspx

(Excluding subscription-based products like Office365) Generally, because Office is licensed on a per-device basis, if the computer is licensed to run Office, the number of users who might use that computer is irrelevant. This is, in fact, the financially attractive reason for per-device licensing (rather than per-user licensing).

To my knowledge, there is no such limit.
    Note that it may be much more expensive to purchase Office licensing in this way (Retail product), since you can purchase Office licensing via Volume Licensing agreement with a minimum of 5, and get discounts (compared to Retail).

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

• Marked as answer by Praveen Kumar- Sunday, September 22, 2013 4:22 AM
    Sunday, September 22, 2013 12:04 AM
  • Hi Don,

I read many document and also check MSLT / EULA / PUR  but i haven't read anything about MS office 2010 home and business edition is not for company more than 25 users. I think i have to ask from Microsoft for the same. 

Thanx  for the help.

Regards

Praveen

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Sunday, September 22, 2013 4:21 AM