none
Warnings Updating Back End Databases - Lync Server 2013 CU1

Question

• Hello,
    after Lync Server 2013 CU1 was applied succesfully, I launched "Install-CsDatabase -ConfiguredDatabases -SqlServerFqdn FEBE.FQDN -Verbose" as described on Microsoft Support CU1 updates for Lync Server 2013 - March 2013 but I got some warnings: see screenshot published on SkyDrive: Install-CsDatabase Warnings.

Notes:

• Install-CsDatabase ran from Lync Server Management Shell with elevated privileges
    • User launched command above has public and sysadmin SQL Server Roles

Could you tell me some information on how to solve these warnings ? Especially whose concerning sp_addrole stored procedure.

Thank you.

Luca

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

• Edited by Luca Fabbri Tuesday, March 26, 2013 4:56 PM
    Tuesday, March 26, 2013 12:54 PM

Answers

• This happens because of the design of the update for some specific databases, such as rtcab. The stored procedure sp_addrole is throwing that warning because the role already exists.  The warning messages can be ignored.
    Tuesday, April 02, 2013 5:52 PM

All replies

• 1. You have to right click on the Lync Powershell and select run as administrator.

2. You have to run with user that has full rights to the Lync and SQL servers. 

Thank you.

Please “Vote As Helpful” and/or “Mark As Answer” if this post helped you.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 1:42 PM
  • Hello Igor,
    please read my notes: Lync Server Management Shell was opened with elevated privileges (=Run As Administrator). Then public and sysadmin roles aren't enough ?

Luca

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 2:43 PM
  • You question is answered in the following thread.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/lyncdeploy/thread/9a3b4495-6ccc-4cfd-bc5d-89b1ed9c779d

When I check my log, I can also find the warning.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 9:32 AM
  • Hello Lisa,
    thank you for answer; I already read TechNet Forums post you specified.

As written above I'd like to solve warnings regarding sp_addrole stored procedure; could you tell me more about them ?

Bye,
    Luca

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 10:20 AM
  • This happens because of the design of the update for some specific databases, such as rtcab. The stored procedure sp_addrole is throwing that warning because the role already exists.  The warning messages can be ignored.
    Tuesday, April 02, 2013 5:52 PM
  • Hello dodeitte,
    thank you very much for answer.
    I opened a Support Ticket at Microsoft (SR113040210332494) just today. I'll give this information to your colleague and keep you informed about any feedback.

Regards,
    Luca

• Edited by Luca Fabbri Wednesday, April 03, 2013 3:32 PM
    Tuesday, April 02, 2013 6:27 PM
  • Hello dodeitte,
    your answer is right: "The stored procedure sp_addrole is throwing that warning because the role already exists".

Thank you very much,
    Luca

• Edited by Luca Fabbri Wednesday, April 03, 2013 3:32 PM
    Wednesday, April 03, 2013 3:31 PM