none
Installation error 1310

Question

• When I try to install Office 2010 I get the following message:

Error 1310. Error writing to file: C:\Windows\Installer\beae9.msi. I have tried running the install as Administrator and I get the same message.

I cannont find any information on this error when I search on it. Does anyone know how to fix it and proceed with the installation?

Thursday, January 27, 2011 10:37 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This behavior may occur when you install Microsoft Office 2010 by means of a Microsoft Terminal Server session in which the system account does not have full permissions to all the necessary files and folders on the server. This behavior can also occur when the Windows Installer becomes unregistered during the installation process.

To resolve this issue, use either of the following methods.

Method 1

1. Install the product by logging on directly to the server that contains the installation files, rather than by using a Terminal Server session. (Log on locally to the Terminal Server console.)
    2. Make sure that the System account has permissions to all the necessary folders on the server.

NOTE: During the installation process, Windows Installer uses the System account to access all the necessary files and folders.

Method 2

Unregister and reregister Windows Installer. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
    2. In the Open box, type msiexec /unreg, and then press ENTER.
    3. Click Start, and then click Run.
    4. In the Open box, type msiexec /regserver, and then press ENTER.

Hope that helps.

• Marked as answer by Jennifer Zhan Friday, February 04, 2011 3:24 AM
    Friday, January 28, 2011 6:42 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This behavior may occur when you install Microsoft Office 2010 by means of a Microsoft Terminal Server session in which the system account does not have full permissions to all the necessary files and folders on the server. This behavior can also occur when the Windows Installer becomes unregistered during the installation process.

To resolve this issue, use either of the following methods.

Method 1

1. Install the product by logging on directly to the server that contains the installation files, rather than by using a Terminal Server session. (Log on locally to the Terminal Server console.)
    2. Make sure that the System account has permissions to all the necessary folders on the server.

NOTE: During the installation process, Windows Installer uses the System account to access all the necessary files and folders.

Method 2

Unregister and reregister Windows Installer. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
    2. In the Open box, type msiexec /unreg, and then press ENTER.
    3. Click Start, and then click Run.
    4. In the Open box, type msiexec /regserver, and then press ENTER.

Hope that helps.

• Marked as answer by Jennifer Zhan Friday, February 04, 2011 3:24 AM
    Friday, January 28, 2011 6:42 AM
  • No No No!!!! This is no solution....... I'm using my computer at home and there is no such server at my home neither does this re registering the installer works.... and more over this is for :-

• Microsoft Project 2000 Standard Edition
    • Microsoft Office 2000 Premium Edition
    • Microsoft Office 2000 Professional Edition
    • Microsoft Office 2000 Standard Edition
    • Microsoft Office 2000 Small Business Edition
    • Microsoft Office 2000 Developer Edition
    • Microsoft Access 2000 Standard Edition
    • Microsoft Excel 2000 Standard Edition
    • Microsoft FrontPage 2000 Standard Edition
    • Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition
    • Microsoft PowerPoint 2000 Standard Edition
    • Microsoft Word 2000 Standard Edition

and not for office 2010. i.e what article KB296175 says.. we need a answer not a run around.

Friday, March 18, 2011 2:19 PM
  • Why is there no reply to Tech Anuj??  I'm doing a "Repair" of Office 2010 installation that was already downloaded months ago and I'm getting this same error.  I'm the only user on my home computer with admin rights.....

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 5:16 PM