none
Outlook 2010 While You Were Out Template

Question

• I have downloaded the "While You Were Out" template and added it to my Outlook 2010. However it shows up along the right side as if it were another email account, and I'm unable to access the template at all. The instructions for Outlook 2003 and 2007 users mention "publishing" it to their Outlook, but I cannot find anything similar to this in Outlook 2010. Please help! Thanks!
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 7:51 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Did you download the correct version, please download the template from the link blow:
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/while-you-were-out-template-for-outlook2010-TC101961674.aspx?AxInstalled=1&c=0

Let me know the result. If the issue still persists, please capture the screenshot and post it here for my further research. Thanks.

Tony Chen

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by miakayuuki79 Wednesday, February 01, 2012 2:13 PM
    Monday, January 30, 2012 1:30 AM
  • Hi,

Since you have downloaded “While You Were Out” template for Word 2010 document, we could load it into Outlook 2010 by following steps:

1. Create a new message, copy and pasted Word document into it
    2. File – Save as – dropdown list of Save as type, choice Outlook Template
    Note: If the format is not correct, please adjust it first and then save it again.
    3. Just double-click the template if you want to use it.

Hope this helps.

Tony Chen

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 3:02 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you download the correct version, please download the template from the link blow:
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/while-you-were-out-template-for-outlook2010-TC101961674.aspx?AxInstalled=1&c=0

Let me know the result. If the issue still persists, please capture the screenshot and post it here for my further research. Thanks.

Tony Chen

Monday, January 30, 2012 1:30 AM
  • I just downloaded this and it's just a Word 2010 document. I'd like to have some sort of template that doesn't require being copy and pasted into an email every time I take a phone message for someone. Is there a way to load this into Outlook 2010 as a form instead? Thanks!
    Monday, January 30, 2012 1:59 PM
  • Hi,

Since you have downloaded “While You Were Out” template for Word 2010 document, we could load it into Outlook 2010 by following steps:

1. Create a new message, copy and pasted Word document into it
    2. File – Save as – dropdown list of Save as type, choice Outlook Template
    Note: If the format is not correct, please adjust it first and then save it again.
    3. Just double-click the template if you want to use it.

Hope this helps.

Tony Chen

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 3:02 AM
  • Thanks so much!
    Wednesday, February 01, 2012 2:12 PM
  • Tony, your download does not work. It states "This webpage is unavailable".

And, the Word template put into the Outlook templates still has you open it and save before sending.

• Edited by Jahrhead Thursday, October 04, 2012 11:22 PM
    Thursday, October 04, 2012 11:07 PM
  • Tony, your download does not work. It states "This webpage is unavailable".

And, the Word template put into the Outlook templates still has you open it and save before sending.

The Outlook form is indeed no longer available (it was actually a form designed for Outlook 97).

As for the Word document solution; Don't copy the Word document itself into a new message as an attachment but the copy content of that Word document and paste it as the body text in a new Outlook message and then save it in your Drafts folder or as an oft-file.

Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
    Outlook guides and more: HowTo-Outlook.com
    Outlook Quick Tips: MSOutlook.info

Friday, October 05, 2012 8:29 AM