none
Office 2013 - How to uninstall completely?

Question

• Hi there,

it seems that the Office installer for 2013 is a bit messed up.

I do a clean install of Office 2013 on a Windows 7 64Bit version and than want to remove it but there is some left over.

The "Send To OneNote" printer still exists and also a lot of registry hives. I tired modifying the office64ww.msi package which I assume is connected with the Printer but also after removing all custom actions which have the word printer in it, I still can start a repair and the printer comes back again. Sure, I want to remove it but at first I have to find out how it is being installed so that I can remove it probably and not by writing a script around the complete Office installation.

So, thats all, thx

Edit:

CustomAction ONUninstallPrinter returned actual error code 1603 but will be translated to success due to continue marking

Stephan

• Edited by Stephannnnn Friday, December 07, 2012 8:29 AM log
    Thursday, December 06, 2012 1:34 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Follow the steps listed in the following link to check the issue:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2739501

Jaynet Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, December 07, 2012 9:07 AM
  • Yes, I know this article but isnt it strange that I have to delete manually a by the installation process created printer?
    Friday, December 07, 2012 9:58 AM
  • When we uninstall Office programs, it only uninstall Office, not include some collateral components.

Jaynet Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 1:42 AM
  • Hi,

I wouldnt say it is collateral because there is also a custom action to remove the printer which also exist in Office 2010:

CustomAction ONUninstallPrinter returned actual error code 1603 but will be translated to success due to continue marking

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 9:29 AM