none
Limits of opening max of 30 Calendars in Outlook 2010

Question

• Hi

I have Exchange 2010 with current updates and Outlook 2010 with current updates.

The Outlook users can't open more than 30 shared calendars.

I already checked that and I found two registry keys to set:

Key: HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\Options\Calendar

or

Key: HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\Options\Calendar

DWORD: CalendarMaximumNumber

But the Problem is still there, the same Message which states that no more than 30 calendars can be opened.

What else I have to check?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards

Stefan

Values: 40, 50, 60, 60, 70, 80, 90, or 100 (decimal)

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 2:47 PM

Answers

• Have you tried to close Outlook and reopen it to check the result?

For this case, I would like to say that for each version of Outlook (2007, 2010, and 2013) there is not a hard limit to the number of Calendars that can be added in an Outlook profile.

The limitation is very situational and can depend on a variety of factors including network bandwidth and traffic at that time, Exchange server performance, and the client specifications (memory and processor performance). Another big factor to consider, is no two Calendars are created equal – performance of the Calendar can vary depending on the number of items on each of the Calendars.

This ultimately comes down to performance and a user’s tolerance for potential wait times.

There is however, a limit to the number of Calendars that can be viewed at one time. Trying to view more than 30 Calendars can result in an error “More than 30 calendars cannot be viewed at once”.

The value of 30 Calendars can be modified with a registry key as your post though it is not recommended. The default value was set at 30 and is the value that was used in testing of the Outlook product.

Cheers,
    Tony Chen
    Forum Support

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:41 AM

All replies

• Have you tried to close Outlook and reopen it to check the result?

For this case, I would like to say that for each version of Outlook (2007, 2010, and 2013) there is not a hard limit to the number of Calendars that can be added in an Outlook profile.

The limitation is very situational and can depend on a variety of factors including network bandwidth and traffic at that time, Exchange server performance, and the client specifications (memory and processor performance). Another big factor to consider, is no two Calendars are created equal – performance of the Calendar can vary depending on the number of items on each of the Calendars.

This ultimately comes down to performance and a user’s tolerance for potential wait times.

There is however, a limit to the number of Calendars that can be viewed at one time. Trying to view more than 30 Calendars can result in an error “More than 30 calendars cannot be viewed at once”.

The value of 30 Calendars can be modified with a registry key as your post though it is not recommended. The default value was set at 30 and is the value that was used in testing of the Outlook product.

Cheers,
    Tony Chen
    Forum Support

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:41 AM
  • Hi Tony

Thank you for your response.

Yes, I also reopend Outlook, I also deleted the Outlook Profile and create a new one. No sucess.

I did the registry entries but it is still not working. Is there a Exchange Setting I have to set also?

My Customer would like to view 50 Calenders I already told him it is not recommended.

Cheers

Stefan

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 7:47 PM
  • I don't think we need to do anything in Exchange site for this case.

Tony Chen

Thursday, September 19, 2013 2:06 AM
  • Hello, any update?

Tony Chen

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 2:11 AM
  • Hi Tony

The Problem is still there, how can I solve the Problem? The registry entries don't work. Still a max. of 30 calendars.

Stefan

Wednesday, October 02, 2013 5:52 AM