none
Microsoft Word 2007 error message "There was a problem sending the command to the program"

Question

• Hi!

I have a Dell laptop, with Windows 7. I have been using Word 2007 since February, when I purchsed the laptop. When I try to access the documents I hae created using Word, I receive the error message "There is a problem sending the command to the program". I am able to open word, however, there is no text. I did experience this problem back in the spring. I removed Ad-aware, and for some reason this resolved the issue. However, now the problem is back. I do reboot my lap-top everyday. I only have this issue with Word.

Thank you!

Zuly

Saturday, September 04, 2010 4:19 PM

Answers

• See if anything in the following helps:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistamedia/thread/18eb8dca-a900-48a5-8468-8b18f364e3a7

-- Hope this helps.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP,
    dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    Posted via the Community Bridge

"qbngirl" wrote in message news:6b828154-12cb-474e-a460-d432cede1e0d@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Hi!

I have a Dell laptop, with Windows 7. I have been using Word 2007 since February, when I purchsed the laptop. When I try to access the documents I hae created using Word, I receive the error message "There is a problem sending the command to the program". I am able to open word, however, there is no text. I did experience this problem back in the spring. I removed Ad-aware, and for some reason this resolved the issue. However, now the problem is back. I do reboot my lap-top everyday. I only have this issue with Word.

Thank you!

Zuly

Doug Robbins - Word MVP dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    • Marked as answer by Sally Tang Friday, September 10, 2010 9:32 AM
    Saturday, September 04, 2010 9:29 PM

All replies

• See if anything in the following helps:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistamedia/thread/18eb8dca-a900-48a5-8468-8b18f364e3a7

-- Hope this helps.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP,
    dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    Posted via the Community Bridge

"qbngirl" wrote in message news:6b828154-12cb-474e-a460-d432cede1e0d@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Hi!

Thank you!

Zuly

Doug Robbins - Word MVP dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    • Marked as answer by Sally Tang Friday, September 10, 2010 9:32 AM
    Saturday, September 04, 2010 9:29 PM
  • Hi,

To assist you better, please let us know the details mentioned below:

Does the same issue persist with any other application?

I would suggest you to Change File Type Association Directly from the File Properties

1. Right click on a file with the type or extension that wants to change its associated application program.

2. Select Properties on right click context menu.

3. In the General tab, click on Change button.

4. An Open With window will appear. Choose a program to open the kind of file from the list of programs available.  

By default, Recommended Programs is automatically expanded.

However, there is more detected programs in the section of Other Programs, which can be expanded to select by clicking on Down Arrow at the end of the separator  line.

If the program that want to used as the default program does not found, click Browse to select an executable file manually.

5. Click OK button.

I would suggest you to visit the below mentioned link, where the customer had similar issue.

If you do not have issues with any other application, then I would suggest you to post the issue in Office discussion forums for better results.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/FlyoutOverview.mspx

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

Harry Yuan

Monday, September 06, 2010 7:17 AM