none
running header and page numbers

Question

• I need a running header throughout my document (same words) 1" from top of page right justified. I also need the page numbers below the running header. can anyone tell me how to do this? 
    Tuesday, June 07, 2011 9:29 PM

Answers

• If you are using Word 2003 or earlier, from the View menu, select Header and Footer.  In later versions, got to the Insert tab and then in the Header & Footer section of the ribbon, click on the Header pulldown and select Edit Header.

This will then take you to the Header pane of the document and into that, you can insert the required text and then in a new paragraph below it, you can insert a Page Number field or press Ctrl+F9 to insert a pair of field delimiters { } and inside them type the word page

{ page }

Press Alt+F9 to toggle off the display of the field codes.

Hope this helps.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP,
    dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    Posted via the Community Bridge

"needmichelp" wrote in message news:6d0981e7-073c-48f9-b8c5-034e60e27a16@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

I need a running header throughout my document (same words) 1" from top of page right justified. I also need the page numbers below the running header. can anyone tell me how to do this?

Doug Robbins - Word MVP dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    Wednesday, June 08, 2011 6:48 AM