none
Postscript printing

All replies

• Hi,

Based on my research, we do not need to save it as postscript.

The following steps is for "How to print to EPS from Microsoft Office":

Start button -> type in window "add printer". In "add printer" dialog, go to: "add a local printer", in "choose a printer port", do "use an existing port" and select 'print to file'. 

In "install the printer driver", select any PS printer.

For printer name, chose e.g. "XXX .eps Printer Driver".

Do not share this printer.
    When the wizard finishes and it is installed, type "print" (ctrl-P) from an Office program. 

I selected "xxx.eps Printer Driver", and just below that selector there is "printer properties" link.

Select that, choose "advanced tab", expand "PostScript Options", and for "PostScript Output Option", select "Encapsulated PostScript (EPS)" from the drop-down menu.
    Then you can print with this driver to create .eps files.

Jaynet Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, February 07, 2013 2:04 AM
  • My whole issue here is ...the apparent simplisity of printing to a post scrpt printer (using office 2010 applications)

when we went to WIN7 64   we older OKI and Toshiba printers........the only driver they had for WIN7 64  were postscript

and we see that you can print right to them  from Office apps and they print correclty....no extra steps   just print...

prior to this. I thougt  the only office app that would put out postscript was  publisher

this surprised me

Thursday, February 07, 2013 1:35 PM