none
Office Word 2010 - Password unlock

Question

• Can you please let me know how to unlock the Word 2010 document as I forgot the password.
    VT
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 3:36 AM

Answers

• What kind of password are you referring to? If it is a password to open the file, note that these are not easily cracked. You’ll have to purchase specific software to do the job for you (and it may or may not work).

On the other hand, if it is a password-protected form, all you have to do is the following: Create a new, blank document. On the Insert tab, click the arrow on the Object button, and choose Text from File. In the Insert File dialog box, locate the protected document, select it, and click Insert.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP
    • Marked as answer by mywindows Wednesday, December 14, 2011 12:48 AM
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 11:42 AM
  • Yes to open a word 2010 document. can you suggest any software that will do that pls.

VT

Sorry, I’ve never used such software myself, so I don’t have any suggestions. You will have to search the internet.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 3:19 PM

All replies

• What kind of password are you referring to? If it is a password to open the file, note that these are not easily cracked. You’ll have to purchase specific software to do the job for you (and it may or may not work).

On the other hand, if it is a password-protected form, all you have to do is the following: Create a new, blank document. On the Insert tab, click the arrow on the Object button, and choose Text from File. In the Insert File dialog box, locate the protected document, select it, and click Insert.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 11:42 AM
  • Yes to open a word 2010 document. can you suggest any software that will do that pls.
    VT
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 12:37 PM

VT

Sorry, I’ve never used such software myself, so I don’t have any suggestions. You will have to search the internet.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 3:19 PM
  • Thanks dude I will try that....
    VT
    Wednesday, December 14, 2011 12:48 AM