none
Outlook 2010 WONT OPEN after installation

Question

• I just purchased and installed microsoft office professional plus 2010. All the programs will open except outlook. When I try to open it I get this message:

"Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. An unexpected error has occured. MAPI was unable to load the information service msncon.dll. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured."

Please help, how do I solve this problem?!

Many thanks.

Friday, October 07, 2011 3:50 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi

It appears like you performed an upgrade on the existing office 2003\2007 to office 2010 and the msncon.dll not properly registered during the installation

If you are getting this error, try to reconfigure the outlook profile using - Start - Control Panel - Mail - Show Profile - New and enter the respective details to control the outlook profile.

If you are getting the same error again, you can solve it by, reinstall the office 2010 or apply office 2010 service pack 1.

Inform if you are facing any issue..

Thank you

Friday, October 07, 2011 5:07 AM
  • That's the outlook connector. Uninstall it and reinstall it then reconfigure your Hotmail live account.

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
    Outlook Daily Tips | Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center
    Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook weekly newsletter
    Friday, October 07, 2011 5:32 AM