none
EE Server - USERS CANNOT USE "MEET NOW"

Question

• I am having a problem with LYNC EE Setup or rather a particular error within LYNC.  My Users cannot use the MEET NOW feature.  Says "The meeting you are trying to join does not exist or has ended."

My setup is as follows... 2 servers

ServerA - Front End

ServerB - has the lyncshare for the Frontend and ALL SQL databases (RTC, archiving, monitoring) 

Everything works except the lync.  I ran into this problem before under the standard installation, but found that my problem was the lyncshare permissions weren't set correctly.  This time around i setup with everyone and everything works except for MEET NOW.

I can do multiparty IM Session.  1to1 video/audio but not multiparty video/audio.  Any thoughts?

Friday, October 07, 2011 8:48 PM

Answers

• Thanks, since scrapping it and starting over... using scorch and disconnecting the database store.  i ended up with the same problem.  however, i noticed with one of my test clients, with logging enabled it started giving an additional error.  it referenced errors SIPINTERNAL.mydomain.com and SIPEXTERNAL.mydomain.com could not be RESOLVED.  HOLY CRAP, i thought this is a GREAT LEAD, instead of the usually MEETING was invalid or not found error i kept getting.  meet.mydomain.com resolved to at least the spash page for the meeting etc... so i started looking into my DNS.  _sipinternaltls service record was correct and tested in nslookup, worked. 

i went through in microsoftDNS under advanced features from AD Snapin and cleaned out OLD references to "oldpool" i had initially setup. 

So i am still going through and cleaning up DNS Nodes ( I did find DNS node references to my previous installation of STANDARD Edition, verifying DNS A records again(which have been correct, so far i have NO OLD DNS record from my previous implementation.). 

I did temporarily get the MEET NOW working by changing the _sipinternaltls SVR record to point to the FQDN of the front end server VS the FQDN of my pool.  Later i plan to have multiple FE for high availability, so i can't leave it like this.  But i have a feeling that i am narrowing this down. 

Currently i have the following setup.  2 servers

SERVERFE01

SERVERBE01

servers planned for later install

SERVERFE02 - load balance for FE

SERVERAV - Audio Video Conferencing Server

SERVEREDGE - External Auth

This whole time i have been using the SAME IPs, (more specifically same IP for FE server role) but different names for the setups, so this could have been my problem.  I will update later once i cleaned up all aspects.  Wish me luck.

• Marked as answer by Burbo Thursday, October 20, 2011 4:53 PM
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 9:53 PM

All replies

• I also went down the path of the region and language bug discussed with OCS2007.  All my clients are Win 7.

Friday, October 07, 2011 9:26 PM
  • Error on FE Server (SERVERA)  "A user attempted to connect to a conference, but the INVITE request was not valid. The request was rejected.

Conference URI: sip:(myuser@mydomain.org:gruu;opaque=app:conf:focus:id:4bn1kc5s), User URI: sip:(myuser@mydomain.org)

Friday, October 07, 2011 9:52 PM
  • ok i do multi party screen sharing and application.. when i try to start video on any one of the people joined it says "(their email address) cannot answer this call."
    Friday, October 07, 2011 9:58 PM
  • Hi,

check your conference policy whether you have enabled IP Audio/Video?

Thamara.

Saturday, October 08, 2011 3:35 AM
  • Thanks, the global policy is set to "Enable IP Video and Audio."  The users can make video/audio call on a 1to1 basis, but anymore than total of 2 can't conference using video/audio. 

I followed pocelli instructions in setting up an Enterprise setup, having no errors and everything setup fine.  Not sure what else it could be? 

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 2:37 PM
  • HI,

are you able to,

1. Initiate Conference calls. If can't what's the error message that you get in the Client

2. Have you tried the same with Scheduled meetings via Outlook.

3. Can you run the logging tool and run the SPStack log with all flags and check whether if there's any additional error related information can be found?

Thamara.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 2:46 PM
  • 1. Initiate Conference calls. If can't what's the error message that you get in the Client

UserA can IM, Video/audio call, application share to UserB with no prob.  If UserC joins it only kicks the user out when video/audio is being used.  application sharing is no prob. 

2. Have you tried the same with Scheduled meetings via Outlook.

No I will set one up.. I have not used that in scheduling meetings within outlook? 

3. Can you run the logging tool and run the SPStack log with all flags and check whether if there's any additional error related information can be found?

SPSTACK or SIPStack.  I ran and starting the log.  then went to client... clicked on MEET NOW... errors saying "Meeting you are trying to join does not exist or is unavailable."  closed session and stopped logging.  If i set level to fatal errors, errors, warnings, the log is blank. 

Thamara.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 3:23 PM
  • Try using the Schedule meeting via the Outlook and check whether it's the same. and are you using different client policies or use the default global one?

Thamara.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 3:57 PM
  • The option to schedule meeting is greyed out.

i ran in powershell get-csclientpolicy and do not show what would grey that out?

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 4:04 PM
  • your missing something. Since it's an EE deployment, where did you deploy the A/V conferencing Pool? within the Front End or separate?

Thamara.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 4:11 PM
  • within the FE.  I was thinking about deploying setting up another and moving it to another server.  I have since on the FE server, unchecked AV conferencing, published, ran deployment wizard on FE...  and then checked AV Conferencing, published, and ran deployment on FE to only get the same problem. 
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 4:21 PM
  • In the topology, Front end Pools, features and functionality, is the conferencing enabled there?
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 4:33 PM
  • yes it is checked there.
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 4:47 PM
  • Regarding, schedule meeting not available... it does become available after a minute or so.  The status on lync just turns my status from available to busy/in a meeting.  is there anything else that is supposed to happen?
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 4:54 PM
  • Hi RJM,

I suggest you to update your server and client according to KB2616433 & KB2571543 first. And then check again.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 5:59 AM
  • updates did not work. 

when i schedule a meeting using outlook 2007. nothing happens but if send the meet.ourdomain.org/username/PZYJKEK meeting opens up... then is kicked right back out.  says meeting is invalid or has ended.  when on the contact list i see the other person i am meeting with.  i think this situation and MEET NOW are related.  I can do one to one IM/AUDIO/AUDIO VIDEO/APP and desktop share with no problem.  I can do multi-party IM/APP and desktop share with no problem.  I just can't do multi video participants. 

on participant error log.

A SIP request made by communicator failed in an unexpected manner (status code 80ef01e8)

LCSerror.exe has no record of this error code.

Thursday, October 13, 2011 3:59 PM
  • If you login to https://dialin .. and grab your meet now url and have a random user attempt to join that what happens?  It sounds like your client is having a hard time setting up the meeting when outlook is not involved.  But this conference should be an always available one.

Chapter 4 Conferencing and Collaboration covers scheduling a meeting but skips the meet now  option.

Assigned Conference Information

Give your Assigned Conference information and the dial-in phone numbers to people you want to invite to your conference. When participants join the conference or meeting from their phone, they will be prompted to enter the following information.

Conference ID: 50016
    Meeting URL: https://meet.whatever.com/user/Y7Q8TJ6J

Reset my Assigned Conference information

Note: People with an account on your corporate network should use their PIN to join the conference.

BBB
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 7:25 PM
  • Thanks for your reply.  We are not using PIN CODEs to enter meetings.  All users are internal.  In the test lab, we had it to where the user would go to MEET NOW and anyone could join. 

Under simple urls, since you mentioned dialin...  I have an asterisk as opposed to meet, which lists meet.ourdomain.com.  is the dialin supposed to also point to our front end server/pool?  We are not having external users join so the dialin.. and pin access are not needed.

Thursday, October 13, 2011 9:15 PM
  • dialin., meet., and lsrp should all point to the same ip.  For me thats the VIP used for the http sites on the members.  I asked you to check that site to snag the users meeting url and then test against that.

To your question the phone access url says : https://dialin.company.com

the meeting urls say https://meet.company.com

the admin url say https://lyncadmin.company.com

and at the top the default sip domain is company.com

You show an asterix in topology builder?  I currently don't have a lab setup to test that configuration, but it seems odd.

BBB
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 9:09 PM
  • Thanks, since scrapping it and starting over... using scorch and disconnecting the database store.  i ended up with the same problem.  however, i noticed with one of my test clients, with logging enabled it started giving an additional error.  it referenced errors SIPINTERNAL.mydomain.com and SIPEXTERNAL.mydomain.com could not be RESOLVED.  HOLY CRAP, i thought this is a GREAT LEAD, instead of the usually MEETING was invalid or not found error i kept getting.  meet.mydomain.com resolved to at least the spash page for the meeting etc... so i started looking into my DNS.  _sipinternaltls service record was correct and tested in nslookup, worked. 

i went through in microsoftDNS under advanced features from AD Snapin and cleaned out OLD references to "oldpool" i had initially setup. 

So i am still going through and cleaning up DNS Nodes ( I did find DNS node references to my previous installation of STANDARD Edition, verifying DNS A records again(which have been correct, so far i have NO OLD DNS record from my previous implementation.). 

I did temporarily get the MEET NOW working by changing the _sipinternaltls SVR record to point to the FQDN of the front end server VS the FQDN of my pool.  Later i plan to have multiple FE for high availability, so i can't leave it like this.  But i have a feeling that i am narrowing this down. 

Currently i have the following setup.  2 servers

SERVERFE01

SERVERBE01

servers planned for later install

SERVERFE02 - load balance for FE

SERVERAV - Audio Video Conferencing Server

SERVEREDGE - External Auth

This whole time i have been using the SAME IPs, (more specifically same IP for FE server role) but different names for the setups, so this could have been my problem.  I will update later once i cleaned up all aspects.  Wish me luck.

• Marked as answer by Burbo Thursday, October 20, 2011 4:53 PM
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 9:53 PM
  • I am happy to report that after cleaning up the DNS Nodes found in AD Snapin when viewing Advance Features.  DNS Snap-in I hardly touched as everything was in order there.  Everything seems to be working as it should.  Thanks for everyones help. 
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 4:59 PM