none
reinstall word 2010

Question

• i have just reintalled windows vista on my computer due to a virus. now all my programs "including word" are stuck in windows old file and i cant seem to restart them. word keeps telling me i have a missing file. this would b an easy fix if i had my product key, but i dont. how do i restart without cashing out more money for something i already have?

Thursday, September 23, 2010 1:49 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Where did you buy your Office CD? You may download a trial version of office 2010 product and install:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/

Then, convert the trial version to the full version with your key. In any office program, click File > Info > Change product key.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

• Marked as answer by Sally Tang Friday, October 08, 2010 4:18 AM
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 5:32 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you tried to reinstall the Office program? After reinstallign the OS, you need to reinstall the application programs.

If you reinstalled, did you encounter any errors during the reinstalling process?

Also, what's the exact error you encountered with Word?

Regards,

Sally Tang

Friday, September 24, 2010 6:18 AM
  • thank u for answering. i cannot reinstall office program, i hate to say it but i never wrote down my product key. no problems during my reinstall, it was a basic, mostly just start up just to get back up and running after the virus was removed. it was the only way i could get this computer up and running. the only error that vista tells me is that im missing a setup file for office. i cant say whats missing. is there a way to find out?
    Friday, September 24, 2010 7:30 AM
  • Hi,

Where did you buy your Office CD? You may download a trial version of office 2010 product and install:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/

Then, convert the trial version to the full version with your key. In any office program, click File > Info > Change product key.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

• Marked as answer by Sally Tang Friday, October 08, 2010 4:18 AM
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 5:32 AM