none
Office 2003 SP3 Outlook error

Question

• Office 2003 recently updated to Office Compatability Pack SP3.  Since the update, I have one workstation (running Windows 2000, Office 2003) that keeps displaying the error "Outlook.exe - Entr Point Not Found : the procedure entry point _resetstkoflow could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll".

Can anyone confirm that this is indeed caused by the Compatability Pack update, and if so, how can I resolve the issue?

Monday, March 12, 2012 1:36 PM

Answers

• I called Microsoft paying the $99 premium support fee for 60 minutes.

The end result is they said they could not offer assistance on fixing the Office Compatibility Pack SP3 that was pushed out through Windows updates last week since I am still on a Windows 2000 system.

Monday, March 12, 2012 7:03 PM

All replies

• I have the same problems on a 2003 Office Installation that occurred immediately aft the Office Compatibility SP3 was downloaded.  Without question, it is related to the SP3.

I tried downloading the SP3 removal tool but even though it 'reports' the SP3, it says it can not find it for removal.

The system is a Windows 2000 system.

Hopefully MSFT will provide a fix for this.

If you get a fix, please post here also.  I will do the same.

Monday, March 12, 2012 5:40 PM
  • I called Microsoft paying the $99 premium support fee for 60 minutes.

The end result is they said they could not offer assistance on fixing the Office Compatibility Pack SP3 that was pushed out through Windows updates last week since I am still on a Windows 2000 system.

Monday, March 12, 2012 7:03 PM