none
Outlook 2003 columns keep changing in view

Question

• Hello,

I have a problem within Outlook 2003, and all of my collegues here at work have had the same issue:

From time to time the view in one my outlookfolder changes automatically: outlook replaces the 'from' with the 'to' column. And it happens mostly in the Sent to folder which is really enoying because everytime we have to go to the same procedure to change it again. We do it for several years already but now I finally want a solution for this.

people with the same problem:

http://forums.techguy.org/business-applications/557884-outlook-2003-columns-keep-changing.html
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/microsoft/Outlook/32185442/outlook-2003-inbox-columns-keep-changing.aspx

But nowhere on the internet I can find a solution for this.

Please help microsoft

Friday, October 28, 2011 7:13 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for using Microsoft Office for IT Professionals Forums.

From your description, it sounds like the issue is caused by the number of email items in sent items has exceeded the limit. Please try to reduce the number of email item and you can get reference from here:

The recommended number of items in a folder depends on several factors. These factors include the client's proximity to the server, the storage infrastructure, the load on the hard disks, the number of users, and the number of restricted views.

We recommend that you maintain a range of 3,500 to 5,000 items in a folder depending on the capacity of the Exchange Server environment. Additionally, you can create more top-level folders or create sub-folders underneath the Inbox and Sent Items folders. When you do this, the costs that are associated with index creation will be greatly reduced if the number of items in any one folder does not exceed 5,000.

The following list includes ways that you can help manage the number of items in folders:

•Use folder hierarchies to help keep the number of items in a folder to the recommended values.

•Use mailbox manager policies.

•Use client-based archiving solutions.

•Use server-based archiving solutions.

•Use mailbox size limits.

Please take your time to try the suggestions and let me know the results at your earliest convenience. If anything is unclear or if there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to let me know.

Sincerely

Rex Zhang

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Monday, October 31, 2011 8:00 AM