none
Flowchart Template in Word 2010

Question

• I've been instructed by management that I'll need to use Word for the creation of flowcharts so I'm trying to set some standards that can be reused.

I've played around with it and have some questions:

1.  I've created a couple new shape styles for particular pieces of the chart - how can I save these in the Quick Shape Styles?
    2.  Every time I create a text box it comes with a white fill and a black border.  Is there any way to default both of those to "No Fill"?

3.  Is there some way to create "Predefined Shapes"?  E.G.  I know that all steps in my flowchart that represent a User Action I want to be a light blue rectangle that is .45" x 2.0"  Is there some way to create that shape once and then be able to create a blank one just like it?

4.  If #3 is possible, is it then possible to store a handful of such templates someplace so that they're readily available the next time I need another User Action or Display Form or whatever the step may be?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 6:45 PM

Answers

• Hi,

We suggest post one question per thread to avoid any confusion of the separate issues.
    Thank you for your understanding and support.

1. I've created a couple new shape styles for particular pieces of the chart - how can I save these in the Quick Shape Styles.

Unfortunately, you cannot save these in the Quick Shape Styles.

2.Every time I create a text box it comes with a white fill and a black border.  Is there any way to default both of those to "No Fill"?

Insert Text Box, Click "Format" tab, you can change "Shape Styles" and "WordArt Style" to "No Fill", and Right-click Text Box, select "Set as Default Text Box", see below image:

Best regards.

William Zhou

TechNet Community Support

Monday, February 13, 2012 8:01 AM