none
Auto Text and Form Fields in Word 2007

Question

• I recently upgraded a user from Word 2002 to Word 2007. She had numerous auto text entries that I added to Auto Text. Problem is she uses these Auto Text entries in form fields in a Protected document. When the document is protected we can tab through the fields and manually enter text, but using the F3 button to try and trigger the Auto Text fails.

If my only option is to make Auto Correct entries instead (which seem to work, although more difficultly) then I will, but I was hoping there might be something I am missing. 

~ Brian

Monday, June 28, 2010 7:08 PM

Answers

• Use the following macro on exit from the formfields:

' Macro created 04/29/98 by Doug Robbins to replace formfield entry with its autotext equivalent.
    '
    try = ActiveDocument.FormFields("Text1").Result
    try = ActiveDocument.AttachedTemplate.AutoTextEntries(try).Value
    ActiveDocument.FormFields("Text1").Result = try

-- Hope this helps.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP,
    dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    Posted via the Community Bridge

"bdkneela" wrote in message news:7cb405fb-7806-4be2-ae25-17b0726f849b@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

I recently upgraded a user from Word 2002 to Word 2007. She had numerous auto text entries that I added to Auto Text. Problem is she uses these Auto Text entries in form fields in a Protected document. When the document is protected we can tab through the fields and manually enter text, but using the F3 button to try and trigger the Auto Text fails.

If my only option is to make Auto Correct entries instead (which seem to work, although more difficultly) then I will, but I was hoping there might be something I am missing.

~ Brian

Doug Robbins - Word MVP dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    • Marked as answer by Sally Tang Wednesday, June 30, 2010 2:56 AM
    Monday, June 28, 2010 10:39 PM