none
Difficulty with incoming Yahoo! email via Outlook 2010

Question

• I have recently upgraded to Windows 7 and Outlook 2010. I have set up Outlook to receive my Yahoo! email with the correct settings according to online info (plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com, etc with authentification settings adjusted, etc.) The confusing thing is that I can send email out but cannot receive any incoming. The email test preconfigured in the Outlook program says everything runs fine yet the test email that supposedly was sent successfully does not appear. Thoughts?
    Friday, September 24, 2010 12:45 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I suggest you remove your yahoo account first and then recreate it.

To setup Microsoft Outlook 2010 to receive Yahoo! email via POP, open the mail client and go to File > Info > Add account. Next, choose Manually configure server settings or additional server types.

Click Next to proceed, select Internet Email and click Next again. Use the following settings to configure your Yahoo! Mail account:

Incoming Mail (POP) settings:

POP server: plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com

Use SSL

Port: 995

Outgoing mail server (SMTP) settings:

SMTP server: plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com

Use SSL

Port: 465

Use authentication

Credentials:

Account Name/Login Name: Your Yahoo! Mail ID (this is the same as your email address but without the "@yahoo.com"; for example, it might be “brighthub2010”)

Email Address: Your Yahoo! Mail address (for example, brighthub2010@yahoo.com)

Password: Your Yahoo! Mail password

Once completed, your Yahoo! Mail account should be accessible via Outlook 2010. If not, you may need to wait a short time following migration of your email account.

Hope it helps.

Monday, September 27, 2010 2:32 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I suggest you remove your yahoo account first and then recreate it.

To setup Microsoft Outlook 2010 to receive Yahoo! email via POP, open the mail client and go to File > Info > Add account. Next, choose Manually configure server settings or additional server types.

Click Next to proceed, select Internet Email and click Next again. Use the following settings to configure your Yahoo! Mail account:

Incoming Mail (POP) settings:

POP server: plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com

Use SSL

Port: 995

Outgoing mail server (SMTP) settings:

SMTP server: plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com

Use SSL

Port: 465

Use authentication

Credentials:

Account Name/Login Name: Your Yahoo! Mail ID (this is the same as your email address but without the "@yahoo.com"; for example, it might be “brighthub2010”)

Email Address: Your Yahoo! Mail address (for example, brighthub2010@yahoo.com)

Password: Your Yahoo! Mail password

Once completed, your Yahoo! Mail account should be accessible via Outlook 2010. If not, you may need to wait a short time following migration of your email account.

Hope it helps.

Monday, September 27, 2010 2:32 AM
  • I tried to do this, but don't see where to input use SSL and port:995. Help. I have a new PC with windows 7 and Outlook 2010, I just want to use my email, not wrestle with my PC

Dave

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 5:27 PM