none
No Pictures in Outlook People Pane.

Question

• For some reason no pictures show up in the Outlook People Pane after a clean install of Office 2010 Professional Plus.  The Social Connector seems also broken and cannot joint to Linked In.  Have a separate system where I did an upgrade over 2007 with Social Connector and 2010 works fine.  The clean install is the one that is broken.  The rest of Outlook appears to be working without issue.  I have made sure to check the pictures box in Options.  Any other ideas?
    Tuesday, May 11, 2010 2:08 PM

Answers

• As this issue occurs after a clean installation of the Office program, and you have installed necessary files, the most possible cause is that the social connector is not working properly with this Outlook profile. I suggest trying to create a new Outlook profile to test this issue.

Here are the detailed steps on how to create a new profile to test this issue

==============

1.    Exit Outlook.

2.    Go to Start > Control Panel, click or double-click Mail.

Mail appears in different Control Panel locations depending upon the version of the Microsoft Windows operating system, Control Panel view selected, and whether a 32- or 64-bit operating system or version of Outlook is installed.

The easiest way to locate Mail is to open Control Panel in Windows, and then in the Search box at the top of window, type Mail. In Control Panel for Windows XP, type Mail in the Address box.

Note    The Mail icon appears after Outlook starts for the first time.

The title bar of the Mail Setup dialog box contains the name of the current profile. To select a different existing profile, click Show Profiles, select the profile name, and then click Properties.

3.    Click Show Profiles. Choose Prompt for a profile to be used.

4.    Click Add.

5.    Type a name for the profile, and then click OK.

6.    Start Outlook, and choose this new profile.

If this problem does not occur in the new Outlook profile, the old Outlook is corrupted. We can delete that and use a new Outlook profile.

• Marked as answer by The Jawbone Wednesday, May 12, 2010 2:20 PM
    Wednesday, May 12, 2010 3:55 AM

All replies

• did you install the linkedin provider?

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
    Outlook Daily Tips | Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center
    Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook weekly newsletter
    Tuesday, May 11, 2010 3:45 PM
  • No linked in provider is offered...just My Link.  When going to add additional providers, linked in is shown there and when hitting on that simply takes me to the sign in page on Linked In.  I sign in there and see my page but no link appears in the social connector box, nor does it connect me at that point.  Do I need to download something that I am not seeing. 
    Tuesday, May 11, 2010 4:03 PM
  • Ok...found the download for Linked In provider and installed successfully...Now connected to linked in.  However, I still do not show contact pictures in the connector people pain.  All emails are properly cross referenced in that pane but the contact photos do not appear.  Where to we go on that?  Thanks. 
    Tuesday, May 11, 2010 4:25 PM
  • As this issue occurs after a clean installation of the Office program, and you have installed necessary files, the most possible cause is that the social connector is not working properly with this Outlook profile. I suggest trying to create a new Outlook profile to test this issue.

Here are the detailed steps on how to create a new profile to test this issue

==============

1.    Exit Outlook.

2.    Go to Start > Control Panel, click or double-click Mail.

Mail appears in different Control Panel locations depending upon the version of the Microsoft Windows operating system, Control Panel view selected, and whether a 32- or 64-bit operating system or version of Outlook is installed.

The easiest way to locate Mail is to open Control Panel in Windows, and then in the Search box at the top of window, type Mail. In Control Panel for Windows XP, type Mail in the Address box.

Note    The Mail icon appears after Outlook starts for the first time.

The title bar of the Mail Setup dialog box contains the name of the current profile. To select a different existing profile, click Show Profiles, select the profile name, and then click Properties.

3.    Click Show Profiles. Choose Prompt for a profile to be used.

4.    Click Add.

5.    Type a name for the profile, and then click OK.

6.    Start Outlook, and choose this new profile.

If this problem does not occur in the new Outlook profile, the old Outlook is corrupted. We can delete that and use a new Outlook profile.

• Marked as answer by The Jawbone Wednesday, May 12, 2010 2:20 PM
    Wednesday, May 12, 2010 3:55 AM
  • Thanks for that response...however, why would the connector work with the profile on one system and not the other?  By changing my profile, I assume that I will have to change my exchange mailbox on the server...am I correct on that?  After installing the Linked In connector, all of the contacts associated with LinkedIn show pictures in Outlook.  The only pictures not showing up on this installation are the contacts within Outlook.  Does that change your opinion or simply reinforce the corrupt idea.  Thanks again for you help.
    Wednesday, May 12, 2010 2:04 PM
  • You were absolutely correct...the default Outlook profile was corrupt.  The creation of another profile rectified the situation.  All is working well.  Thanks for your assitance. 
    Wednesday, May 12, 2010 2:20 PM
  • I am glad to hear that the problem is resolved.
    Thursday, May 13, 2010 9:01 AM
  • On the same topic, I hae a Live email address linked to my outlook via hotmail connector.  Pictures show up except my own.  I don't need to know what I look like but it is annoying having just one blank amongst pictures.

I have added it to my own listing in the address book.  Is there possible a different place for the account holder?

Tuesday, February 01, 2011 4:39 PM