none
Visio 2007 change to another computer

Question

• I downloaded Visio 2007 a few years back and have lost the details of where this was purchased from. I need to change computers and need to transfer the software across to the new one or download another copy? I have the product key.

Is there a site where a copy can be downloaded and i can then use my product key? Or do i have to somehow transfer the programme across (don't know how to do this)

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 9:56 AM

Answers

• The only download site(s) available are the MS subscriber sites and they are a lot more expensive than a new copy of Visio. Given the way you spelled 'programme', I'd suggest checking in with your local MS support to see if they can help. Transferring the program without the source files is pretty much out of the question.

al

If this answer solves your problem, please check Mark as Answered. If this answer helps, please click the Vote as Helpful button. Al Edlund Visio MVP

• Marked as answer by May1know Wednesday, June 27, 2012 1:57 PM
    Wednesday, June 27, 2012 12:53 PM

All replies

• The only download site(s) available are the MS subscriber sites and they are a lot more expensive than a new copy of Visio. Given the way you spelled 'programme', I'd suggest checking in with your local MS support to see if they can help. Transferring the program without the source files is pretty much out of the question.

al

If this answer solves your problem, please check Mark as Answered. If this answer helps, please click the Vote as Helpful button. Al Edlund Visio MVP

• Marked as answer by May1know Wednesday, June 27, 2012 1:57 PM
    Wednesday, June 27, 2012 12:53 PM
  • Hi AI,

Thanks for the answer.

Best Regards.

William Zhou

TechNet Community Support

Friday, June 29, 2012 12:32 PM