none
Lync clinet Normalization issue

Question

• Hi

I created a simple Dial plan with Normalization to convert ^5(\d{4}) to +1416111 which works fine in Lync Control panel test or when I use the PS command get-csdialplan -identity tag:testdp | test-dialplan -dialednumber 52000 ---->>> to +14161112000. However, my Lync clinet won't normalise the same when I press 52000 from dial pad. I checked get-csuser *username* and it returns DialPlan as Testdp. Not sure why the clinet won't normalize the number?..any replicaiton issues betweenthe CMS and LS?...thanks in advance.

Monday, February 20, 2012 5:11 PM

Answers

• Lync clients process the normalization rules from the address book service so you'll need to create a Company_Phone_Number_Normalization_rules.txt file in your address book directory if you want to see the number get normalized in the client.  Jeff Schertz has an article about this here (it looks like his blog is down for maintenance right now so here is a cached copy of the article).

Mike Stacy | http://mikestacy.typepad.com

Monday, February 20, 2012 8:05 PM
  • Hi Sharon/Mike,

My apologies. I was away for  a Nortel CS1K cutover with no lab access. After I following Mike/Jeff's suggestions on Address book, all working fine. I thought the normalization was not working but that is not true. Thanks very much all. Great forum for someone starting new with Lync. 

Monday, February 27, 2012 7:32 PM

All replies

• Lync clients process the normalization rules from the address book service so you'll need to create a Company_Phone_Number_Normalization_rules.txt file in your address book directory if you want to see the number get normalized in the client.  Jeff Schertz has an article about this here (it looks like his blog is down for maintenance right now so here is a cached copy of the article).

Monday, February 20, 2012 8:05 PM
  • Hi Mike, thanks . I'm very new to the Lync world, so your suggestion resolved one of my second problems which  was the AD/Lync sych issue. I follwoed Jeff Scherts's article. It was great.

Now, My first issue I reported already is little bit different.

I want Normalization to work when a user dials the 4 digit or 5 digit instaead of using the click to call or using the contact info. For eg. I want the 4 digit(2001) Normalised to +14161112001 so that a Lync call can be completed. I have DP and Norm rules set right in Control panel.-  when I use the Powershell  "get-csdialplan -identity tag:testdp | test-dialplan -dialednumber 2001 ---->>> to +14161112001. However, my Lync clinet won't normalise the same when I press 2001 from Lync client dial pad. I checked get-csuser *username* and it returns DialPlan as Testdp for the user. If you think my issue is to do with Address book, i can dig further into it.

Monday, February 20, 2012 11:23 PM
  • Hi,athandang,

Are you talking about that when you enter the 2001 in Lync client it won't normalization to +14161112001?Would you please check if you have assigned the dial plan for your users or groups in Lync control panel or use cmdlet Grant-CsDialplan?

Regards,

Sharon

Sharon Shen

TechNet Community Support

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************** Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial t

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 8:47 AM
  • It definitely sounds like an address book issue to me. Can you paste the rules you added in your Company_Phone_Number_Normailzation_Rules.txt here?

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 9:29 AM
  • Hi,

Sorry for missing that you have verifed the dial plan assignment with running get-csuser.Before looking at ABS normalization file please try to exsit Lync then sign in with the user account again if you didn't do this after you assigned the dial plan to this user. 

Regards,

Sharon

Sharon Shen

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************** Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial t

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 10:05 AM
  • Hi,athandang,

Any updates here?

If you have fixed the issue please kindly share us the experience.Thanks!

Regards,

Sharon

Sharon Shen

Monday, February 27, 2012 7:03 AM
  • Hi Sharon/Mike,

My apologies. I was away for  a Nortel CS1K cutover with no lab access. After I following Mike/Jeff's suggestions on Address book, all working fine. I thought the normalization was not working but that is not true. Thanks very much all. Great forum for someone starting new with Lync. 

Monday, February 27, 2012 7:32 PM