none
Configure Outlook to Send As permissions

Question

• Hi

We have a user named Tom who is on a holiday; I want his colleague John to have read & send permission for Tom's mailbox.

In Exchange 2010 I have given John a "Manage Send As Permission" & "Manage Full Access Permission" for Tom's mailbox.

John uses Outlook 2007; How can I configure his outlook so that he can check/send Tom's email.

I don't want to use "Send on Behalf".

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

Monday, July 16, 2012 1:54 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Since you granted all permissions, just add Tom's mailbox to John's outlook profile (right click "mailbox-John" in the Outlook folder list->properties -> Advanced ->Advanced tab ->open these additional mailboxes...). The mailbox will then be in the folder list for John to check.

When sending, enable the "From" field and select Tom's address. If you granted SendAs permissions the mail will show as coming from Tom (not "John on behalf of Tom")

hope this helps,

David
    :: Please vote if the info helped you :: Please post back so everyone can benefit from the solution ::

• Marked as answer by abudha Tuesday, July 17, 2012 9:07 PM
    Tuesday, July 17, 2012 12:11 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Since you granted all permissions, just add Tom's mailbox to John's outlook profile (right click "mailbox-John" in the Outlook folder list->properties -> Advanced ->Advanced tab ->open these additional mailboxes...). The mailbox will then be in the folder list for John to check.

When sending, enable the "From" field and select Tom's address. If you granted SendAs permissions the mail will show as coming from Tom (not "John on behalf of Tom")

hope this helps,

David
    :: Please vote if the info helped you :: Please post back so everyone can benefit from the solution ::

• Marked as answer by abudha Tuesday, July 17, 2012 9:07 PM
    Tuesday, July 17, 2012 12:11 AM
  • thank you david
    Tuesday, July 17, 2012 9:07 PM