none
Cut-and-Paste Table from Word to Excel

Question

• When you cut-and-paste a table from Word to Excel, the results are different in Excel 2007 than Excel 2010.  The resulting table in Excel 2010 will split a table row into mutliple rows as if there is an embedded <CR> <LF> within a table cell.
    • Moved by tonysoper_MSFT Tuesday, July 05, 2011 3:34 PM wrong forum (From:TechNet Wiki Discussion)
    Tuesday, July 05, 2011 1:51 PM

Answers

• Hi

Thank you for using Microsoft Office for IT Professionals Forums.

From your description, If you want to use the formatting of the Word table, click Keep Source Formatting.

1. In a Word document, select the rows and columns of the table that you want to copy to an Excel worksheet.
    2. To copy the selection, press CTRL+C.
    3. In the Excel worksheet, select the upper-left corner of the worksheet area where you want to paste the Word table.

NOTE   Make sure that the paste area is empty before you paste the data. Data in Word table cells will replace any existing data in worksheet cells in the paste area. If necessary, review the table first in Word to verify its dimensions.

1. On the Home tab, in the Clipboard group, click Paste 
      Keyboard shortcut You can also press CTRL+V.
    2. To adjust the formatting, click Paste Options  next to the data that you pasted, and then do the following:
    • To use the formatting that is applied to the worksheet cells, click Match Destination Formatting.
    • To use the formatting of the Word table, click Keep Source Formatting.

More detailed information you can refer to the link to use the paste special option in excel:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/copy-a-word-table-into-excel-HP010254130.aspx

Note: the same concepts hold good for Excel 2010 as well.

Please take your time to try the suggestions and let me know the results at your earliest convenience. If anything is unclear or if there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to let me know.

Hope that helps.

Sincerely

William Zhou CHN

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Friday, July 08, 2011 2:40 AM