none
can I reinstall office 2010?

Question

• My 10 year old son was on my computer and now it appears office 2010 is no longer operating. Anything I try to open says works cannot open.  Can I just go through the steps I did to install 2010 to my computer originally?
    • Moved by David Wolters Monday, August 29, 2011 4:37 PM moving to a more appropriate forum (From:Office Volume Activation)
    Monday, August 29, 2011 2:43 AM

Answers

• Hi

Thank you for using Microsoft Office for IT Professionals Forums.

From your description,  to repair your Office 2010 programs by doing the following:

1. Click Start, then click Control Panel.
    2. Click Programs and Features.
    3. Click the Office 2010 program that you want to repair, then click Change.
    4. Click Repair, then click Continue. You might need to restart your computer after the repair is complete.

More detail information from following link:

http://office.microsoft.com/client/helppreview14.aspx?AssetId=HA010357402&lcid=1033&NS=OUTLOOK&Version=14&tl=2&respos=0&CTT=1&queryid=d283b5c5%2Dee74%2D4d8a%2Dad49%2D2274d83f196c

Please take your time to try the suggestions and let me know the results at your earliest convenience. If anything is unclear or if there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to let me know.

Sincerely

Rex Zhang

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Tuesday, August 30, 2011 9:44 AM

All replies

• Hi

Thank you for using Microsoft Office for IT Professionals Forums.

From your description,  to repair your Office 2010 programs by doing the following:

1. Click Start, then click Control Panel.
    2. Click Programs and Features.
    3. Click the Office 2010 program that you want to repair, then click Change.
    4. Click Repair, then click Continue. You might need to restart your computer after the repair is complete.

More detail information from following link:

http://office.microsoft.com/client/helppreview14.aspx?AssetId=HA010357402&lcid=1033&NS=OUTLOOK&Version=14&tl=2&respos=0&CTT=1&queryid=d283b5c5%2Dee74%2D4d8a%2Dad49%2D2274d83f196c

Please take your time to try the suggestions and let me know the results at your earliest convenience. If anything is unclear or if there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to let me know.

Sincerely

Rex Zhang

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Tuesday, August 30, 2011 9:44 AM
  • Hi,

As I have not heard from you for several days. I will go ahead and close this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to reply to us and this thread will be re-opened.

Best Regards, 

Rex Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help

Friday, September 02, 2011 3:08 AM