none
.NET v3.0 installation

Question

• I've not been able to install .NET v3.0 on Windows XP Genuine Advantage validated. Get an error 1603.

Need v3.0 for a driver cd trying to run.

Anyone encountered similar ? Thanks

Thursday, February 24, 2011 8:20 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I understand that you would like to install .Net Framework 3.0.

Let’s perform the following steps to install .Net Framework 3.0.

Step 1: Download the .NET Framework 3.0 setup packet first to C:\
    ======================================================
    Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=70848

Step 2: Prepare the Diagnostic Environment to install it.
    =========================================
    1. Go to "Start", "Run" and type “msconfig” (without quotes)
    2. On the "General" tab, click the "Selective Startup option" and then uncheck the boxes underneath it that say "Load Startup Items" and "Load System Services"
    3. Click on the "Services" tab and click the column header labeled "Service" to sort these alphabetically.
    4. Scroll down in the list and check the box next to "Windows Installer". You may notice one or two other boxes still checked. This is normal.
    5. Click "Apply" and when the machine is finished installing, a "CLOSE" button will appear. Click that button and then restart the machine.
    6. While restarting, click "OK" if a message appears saying that you have used the System Configuration Utility. If the System Configuration Utility itself is on the screen after clicking this, click the red X in the top right corner to dismiss the utility. If you receive a message saying that you need to restart the machine, click the button that says "EXIT WITHOUT RESTART".

After that, let’s try to install.NET Framework 3.0 again to check if we can install it successfully in this mode. If .NET Framework can be installed successfully, we can refer to the following steps to return to Normal Mode:

Step 3: Return to Normal Mode
    =======================
    1. Go to "Start", "Run" and type “msconfig” (without quotes)
    2. On the "General" tab, click the "Normal startup option"
    3. Click "APPLY" and a "CLOSE" button will appear. Click that button and then restart the machine.

If .NET Framework still cannot be installed in the Diagnostic Environment, please let me know.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best Regards,

Nick

• Marked as answer by Sally Tang Friday, March 04, 2011 2:35 AM
    Friday, February 25, 2011 8:44 AM