none
Downloading multiple files at once from Sharepoint

Question

• Dear All,

I would like some assistance with downloading multiple files from a Sharepoint site at one time.

Environment:

My local machine is running Windows 7 with Office 2010.  I am not sure what version of Sharepoint the server is running.

Task:

I am given a list of 10 to 150 files (.PDF Drawings) to download from a sharepoint server.

Current Method:

I go to the file folder(accessed via IE) on the share point site.  Under 'Activities' I export to Excel a list of all the files in that folder (about 35,000 records).  The first column of this spreadsheet is a hyperlink to the file on the sharepoint.  Using Control-F I find one record at a time.  I click the hyperlink with opens that specific file in IE.  I then have to save that file to a folder.  I repeat this 10-150 times to have a folder with only the specific drawings I need.

Question:

Is there a way to download my list of multiple files all in one go?

Thank you,

Jim

Sunday, September 16, 2012 4:59 PM

Answers

• Hi,

In the situation, check the following suggestion:

In the SharePoint website, go to the library which stores the files you wish to extract. Click the Library option at the top of the page. Among the many confusing buttons is one that says "Open with Explorer." Click this to open the library in Windows [File] Explorer. From here you can select multiple files and drag&drop or copy&paste into a folder on your local machine!

Refer the following link where the same issue is discussed:
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointgeneral/thread/5a599238-cc2e-47ab-9a9f-347abd3fc5fd/

I would suggest you open a new thread on the SharePoint Forums for further support.

Sincerely
    Rex Zhang

Rex Zhang

TechNet Community Support

Monday, September 17, 2012 7:56 AM

All replies